Home | About | Donate

Chelsea Manning: Seeing Victims of US War As 'People' – Not 'Statistics' – Compelled Leaks

Chelsea Manning: Seeing Victims of US War As 'People' – Not 'Statistics' – Compelled Leaks

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

U.S. Army whistleblower Chelsea Manning has given her first interview since being released from prison last month in which she explains her motivations for making public thousands of military documents.

Excerpts of her interview with ABC's "Nightline" co-anchor Juju Chang aired Friday on the network's "Good Morning America."

Asked about why she leaked the trove of documents, she says, "I have a responsibility to the public … we all have a responsibility."

These two Beatitudes fit nicely with Chelsea's actions:

"Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they shall be satisfied. "

"Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

What kind of society imprisons the one that reveals mass murder and leaves the mass murderer doodling comfortably in rich retirement?

Thank you Chelsea.

The Military Brainwashing wore off, she turned back into an actual Human Being.

"War is a Racket"
Gen. Smedley Butler

Time to broadcast Graham Nash's Military Madness ?

It's too bad Chelsea wasn't interviewed by some real journalists and not these corporate media types. I know the whole interview hasn't shown yet, but just making the statement about some wondering why she didn't take her complaints up the chain of command, any real journalist that follows these things and is willing to tell the truth would have brought up those that did just that such as Thomas Drake, John Kiriakou, and others, and look what happened to them. But you won't get that information on ABC or any of the other dumb-down corp. media.

I realize she has to tread carefully, but the rest of us don't need to pull our punches when it comes to Obama. She was the true patriot, and Obama, like most other recent U. S. Presidents is a war criminal and committer of crimes against humanity. She should never have been arrested, let alone tortured and imprisoned for 7 years. She deserves our thanks.

Thank you Manning for informing the World.
Real Democracy has no secrets

Many of my no nothing frilly friends seem to me like they are still back in grade school, America the greatest country in the world, best democracy, freedom loving people, honest, moral and justice for all. What a crock! But it did feel that way back then and maybe even thru high school in the 60's but then the murder of John F Kennedy.

Ubi bene ibi patria.

Americans talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

There's millions of people who would like to come to America. A program would be in order so whiners can swap with those guys. The US would probably be better off.

But . . .  but . . .  Korporations are 'people' – how come none of THEM get tortured 'til they tell the truth??

The end of democracy 11/22/63 !

So happy for the courageous gorgeous Chelsea......so proud of her and her fellow whistleblowers. Too bad we need people like them and too bad so many everyday people aren't grateful for the whistleblowers' brains, integrity, courage, and stamina. Heal quickly, Chelsea, and go forward to give what you can to those you love, including yourself!

Wonderful to see Chelsea looking so great;she is a true (and very brave) hero!

It's good to see that at least SOME people have not yet lost their humanity!

And when 2 corporations merge, does that mean the CEO's must have sex with each other?

We already know what they do in the restroom, as our entire country, environment, the world and all waters are filled with their poisoning excrement.

You now get to look as beautiful on the outside as you really are on the inside. You look amazing :wink:

Freedom, healing, and human caring are real medicine. I am very glad that Chelsea survived her ordeal and is blossoming fully into her humanity.

I think the real push came at the end of WW II when they bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki, then with the production in high gear after the war the US was militarized and became unstoppable from the hegemony that has devastated country after country. Killing the Kennedy's cemented their power. Democracy is in word only as it isn't conducive with capitalism.

I'm surprised Obama let Chelsea out of the stockade, one of the few really good things he did. His disdain for whistle- blowers was well founded as many in jail can profess. I'm glad she's out and am looking for an interview from an independent source. If more soldiers knew beforehand what they were being used to fight for maybe there wouldn't be as many wars. Kinda like a saying during the 'Nam: What if they gave a war and nobody came? Again I wish her much success in life.