Home | About | Donate

Chelsea Manning Warns the Trump Administration 'Clearly Wants to Go After Journalists'

Chelsea Manning Warns the Trump Administration 'Clearly Wants to Go After Journalists'

Jake Johnson, staff writer

Facing the possibility of being imprisoned yet again in the coming days for refusing to testify before a secretive grand jury, U.S. Army whistleblower Chelsea Manning on Sunday warned of the grave threat the Trump administration poses to press freedoms.

2 Likes

Well Ms Manning has it partly correct. The Trump administration wants to go after the Journalists to be sure, but they only want to go after the ones that tell the truth.

19 Likes

As has been said many times ( AND TO PARAPHRASE ORWELL) that in a time of the universal, deceit and fascism of the Trump Administration people that tell the truth like Chelsea Manning, Eric Snowdon, and Julian Assange are either incarcerated or have to move to a foreign country.

7 Likes

“Truth never damages a cause that is just.”

“There is not a crime, there is not a dodge, there is not a trick, there is not a swindle, there is not a vice which does not live by secrecy .”

2 Likes

The grand jury (rigging) … another corruption of the original US Constitution.

A system wherein the purported guilty can go free and the totally unindicted innocent can be put in prison.

7 Likes

As everyone else here has written and said one way or another, trump goes after journalists to destroy truth because he has zero belief in, respect for, or use of truth in his depraved world; it is as foreign to him as can possibly be. Truth is his foe and he must do all he and his unprincipled regime can to maintain the illusions and lies he has created/used to buffalo and manipulate the gullible fool…but enough about the disease.

The cure must be championed and those who struggle for truth.

Much respect to Chelsea Manning especially! Much respect to all those who fight the good fight!

8 Likes

Wolf , Jake and Rachel have nothing to worry about .

5 Likes

From the following article:
‘The idea I hold the keys to my own cell is an absurd one, as I face the prospect of suffering either way due to this unnecessary and punitive subpoena. I can either go to jail or betray my principles’, Manning explained.
Assange and Manning have more integrity than the entire fascist cabal combined.

5 Likes

Don’t worry MSM, they’re only going after real journalists, entertainers like you are safe.

9 Likes

One choice we all have is to move to another country where crazy isn’t possessing many positions of power.

Another choice we all have is mobilizing, organizing, and confronting the crazy and giving the crazy their notice of their termination of employment.

It will be hard, it will be inconvenient, it will cost us a great deal of time and energy.

There most likely will be blood.

However, to do nothing, to continue to have 95 to 97% of those who vote, support the Duopoly parties religiously as they have for decades, it’s basically game over for us, our kids, and generations to come.

Look at what Chelsea Manning has been willing to sacrifice.

For us to succeed with our quest to save ourselves and our planet, we all must be at least as strong as this noble lady.

What we all must ask ourselves is, “What will we refuse to do for our children?”

4 Likes

My card that was sent to encourage Chelsea was returned with the message that cards were not permitted

Excellent question!

Some of my relatives already have.

1 Like

Yes, I think rather than characterizing it as when a journalist makes a “misstep”, it’s much more accurate to say whenever a journalist or whistleblower exposes government malfeasence and crimes they will be the target of unjust government action against them. This is a dangerous time, and the complicit silence of the mainstream media shows how far ‘journalists’ have fallen from their primary function of being the watch-dogs, not lap-dogs, of governments.

3 Likes

Please don’t forget that Hillary Clinton ‘jokingly’ asked if we could drone Julian Assange. Don’t think this isn’t bi-partisan.

4 Likes

You need a Propaganda Journalist Pass to attend White House briefings.

Was she joking? I don’t think so. It was a double entendre.

Sort of like the Fascists that would report on Nazi speeches made to the masses in Germany during the 1930’s.

Operation paperclip was not just about getting Rocket Engineers over to the USA.

3 Likes

Such a good song.

1 Like