Home | About | Donate

Chicago Cover-Up Deepens as 80 Minutes of Footage Confirmed Missing

Chicago Cover-Up Deepens as 80 Minutes of Footage Confirmed Missing

Sarah Lazare, staff writer

Chicago's police killing and cover-up scandal is deepening after city officials were forced to release additional surveillance footage of the deadly shooting of 17-year-old African American Laquan McDonald by a white officer—and it showed an unexplained 80-minute gap covering the time the teenager was killed.

Across the nation and around the world, police have been internationalized and militarized. They do not serve the people, but rather the banks and their corporations, who profit from war, drug trafficking, disease, scarcity, suppression of cheap renewable energy, etc. All this comes from private control over money creation, that is, private ownership of the central banks, which is the root cause of global dysfunction.

In order for the .00001% to maintain power, they must have a bunch of limited IQ thugs to do their bidding. So, racists pumped up on steroids are par for the course.

Chicago is thoroughly corrupt, but so is the rest of the system. Any black Chicago Police officers that actually clean up their districts, get rid of drug traffickers, and lower the murder rates, are framed, on way or another, because that cuts into profits.

The corruption includes the Mayor's office, the US Attorney, the FBI, the US Department of Justice, etc. One of the reasons that cartel has the U.S. armed forces in Afghanistan is to control the heroin market. At the highest level, the money is laundered through HSBC.

http://coloradopublicbanking.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-view-from-top-of-power-pyramid.html

Hopefully the execrable Rahm Emanuel gets thrown under the bus as this horrific scandal and cover-up continue to grow.

And then the mass movement does not let up one bit, and continues to drive toward the centers of power that uphold this racist system.

Something has got to be the spark that grows into a full-fledged mass movement. Black Lives Matter deserves the full support and participation of EVERYONE.

Gosh hey though, them terrists sure are scary on 24/7, huh?

I see your point(s), awebwalk, but condemning people who choose, for whatever reason(s) not to participate in the Black Lives Matter Movement is not wise, and it's futile, imho.

That's a very narrow view: those malefactors have harmed EVERYbody!

They should not be allowed to merely resign, they should be indicted and committed for trial.

The cover-up into the police execution/murder of Laqual McDonald continues. The Chicago prosecutor may be complicit and an independent federal prosecutor is needed to find the truth. The only charges filed against only the shooter/killer for first-degree murder is highly suspect - charges brought against killer-cops are aften part of the conspiracy to let the cop off by "legal" means. https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2015/11/30/chic-n30.html

Consider the case of Freddie Gray who was killed by cops and his prosecution. His killers are charged with not strapping him in the van and that was the cause of his injuries and death. It is clear from video evidence he was injured and partially paralized BEFORE being thrown into the police van! Screaming in pain and unable to move his lower extremities, so why is this NOT part of the prosecution!? Intentional prosecutorial misconduct to clear all the killers.
http://lastresistance.com/11411/new-video-shows-freddie-gray-screaming-in-pain-and-unable-to-move-before-entering-police-van/

"I am a physician specializing in neuro-psychiatry. It appeared to me from the very first videos of the arrest of Freddie Gray that by the time the officers were bringing him to the van, he was limp and had to be supported and dragged to the van. His left leg moved relatively normally, but his right leg was straight out and seemed to be unable to move. The moment I saw him I commented that he looked paralyzed.

It is also hard to believe that an injury of such severity could have occurred in the van. It seems far more likely to have been inflicted by severe blows to his spine. The news reports say that three vertebrae were damaged. How could that happen merely by being bounced around in a van?

I invite my medical colleagues to respond to these observations. I could be wrong. Then again, I could be right. Did anyone else notice this appearance of paralysis before Freddie was placed in the van?"

it was OBVIOUS Freddie Gray was seriously injured BEFORE being put into the van, yet the prosecution is focused on something else entirely, WHY?

So! tampering with evidence is NOT a crime? All these COPS should go to jail! If I did it I Know I would be going for a long time!

Fascinating is how the response to Black Lives Matter has been the unsubstantiated claim of this movement INCREASING crime. Perhaps this claim is true insofar as the movement composing Black Live Matter has increased the criminal actions taken by police against African Americans.

And, now, a non-sequitur. Having lived through the Nineteen Sixties, what fascinates me currently is how, although social problems such as Black Lives Matter and extreme economic differences abound, obsession is still with STEM education to produce goods for sale, rather than social science and humanities education to develop responses to the social problems with which contemporary American society seems riven. Perhaps indicative is the unwillingness of Americans in general, and certainly the denizens of the American political system in particular--Republicans and Democrats alike--to even acknowledge the serious social problems endemic to contemporary American society.

Suggesting that an organization or position deserves everyone's support does not equal in any way to a condemnation. I have to wonder where's that coming from.

"unwillingness of Americans in general, and certainly the denizens of the
American political system in particular--Republicans and Democrats
alike--to even acknowledge the serious social problems endemic to
contemporary American society."
I'm sure this has been said better than this but:
When you grow up in a pile of shit, you think it smells like roses.
IOW, all prevailing paradigms manage to subvert the thinking of most people so they accept the most outrageous things as normal and right. And has been noted by another who posts here regularly, SR, we must not overlook the billion-dollar PR industry whose psychologists work to exploit the ever increasing awareness of how the brain actually works. This makes for a recipe for inducing collective suicide.
Certainly there are humane professionals in psychology, neurology and related fields who have tried to steer an ethical course, Oliver Sachs and V.S. Ramachandran come to mind, but they are outnumbered and outspent by the ghouls who are perma-blind to long-term damage caused by their manipulations in the name of money, the ultimate patriarch.

Who knew the false slander of lemmings was not only a metaphor but a road map for human behaviour?

Here's my point, 4thefuture: An awful lot of people have the attitude that people who don't participate in the BLM or other movements are automatically accessories to what such movements are fighting against, or represent the very worst in society and the world, if one gets the drift. That attitude, imho, is not so great. Also, it's not so terrible to criticize certain tactics that any movement, including BLM have resorted to, as being too extreme.

Imho, it's kind of like automatically condemning people (be they politicians or average laypeople), as being racist if they oppose or even question mandatory school busing on solely that issue.

Not sure if I fully comprehend your sentence but I think you automatically condemned webwalk's prior statement that said "Black Lives Matter deserves the full support and participation of EVERYONE." Without more, this doesn't equate to condemnation of anyone.

I'm not a doctor but even to my untrained eye it was obvious the kid was injured prior to entering the van. Its apparent the fix is in to relieve the killers of any culpability.

I have to cut a lot of slack for anyone who's protesting the killing by cops of members of their ethnic community.

"I have to cut a lot of slack for anyone who's protesting the killing by cops of members of their ethnic community."

I openly differ and disagree with you here, Mairead. When people resort to tactics that are super-extreme, they totally lose sight of the issue at hand. When emergency vehicles, such as ambulances or other emergency vehicles are coming, protestors are obligated to move aside and let them through. The fact that they haven't always done that, especially now, is an extremely irresponsible tactic on their part, it's totally inexcusable, to boot, and people who do that, no matter what their cause is, don't deserve to be cut any slack, as far as I'm concerned..

All anyone has to do is go to the net and enter 2003 DOJ Agreement with LAPD. Not only with LAPD but Chicago and many other Police Depts. in the U.S. at the same time. This concerns Internal Affairs and the OIG's who never do their job and whose job it is to keep under control out of control officers and commanders up to the chief and their "Master Controllers." We know the politicians including the prez. do not really call the shots, they are paid to do the bidding of others.

This takes down not only those in Chicago but the DOJ under both Bush II, who wrote the Agreement, but, with Obama for the last two times he was elected to uphold the stopping of killing by Police of Innocent, Youth and Unarmed who usually have psychological problems. We just watched the London Police not kill a person who had stabbed three people and here we unload clip after clip for no apparent reason except the cops have TOTAL FEAR OF UNARMED PEOPLE OF WITH MICKEY MOUSE WEAPONS.

Next go to aaee.rocks and watch the Chief of LAPD, Charlie Beck, and the entire LAPD Police Commission as of 5-5-15, Cinco De Mayo, commit MULTIPLE FELONIES when they erased the audio to the entire meeting and inserted a section of an L.A. City Council Meeting. This is a violation of California Penal Code (P.C.) 132, erasing and/or changing a government document which a video is. This is a FELONY with no "Statute of Limitations."

How about your chiefs of police? Ever really look at them. Do this here and in Chicago and many other cities why not yours?

An ambulance had to be diverted in Boston because of protesters who'd blocked 93. Is that what you're thinking of?

Here's a somewhat different perspective as part of a response from Rebecca Hains PhD, who lives in the GBA and teaches at Salem State.

Equally important are the missing audio tracks from all Chicago Police cruiser dash cam videos.

One of these missing Chicago Police cruiser audio tracks and its corresponding video was posted approximately ten days ago on YouTube. Since I'm a new poster; and, am not permitted to post links, you'll have to use the YouTube search box to search for dHBhSuznVb4 or for Is this the audio? Chicago Police dashcam video of Laquan McDonald shooting.

Apparently, someone in the CPD made a copy of the recording prior to the audio track being erased; and, finally decided it should be made public. The audio provides undeniable evidence of premeditated murder. One has to wonder what the other supposedly non-existent missing cruiser recordings contain.

I believe you are correct (I've a Ph.D. in human anatomy (taught gross anatomy to medical and allied health students; and, researched human locomotion and biomechanics). As police dragged him to the van, Gray definitely appeared to be partially paralyzed in his lower extremities.

One also has to question how his larynx was crushed. Having a background in the martial arts, my immediate suspicion was that the cops also did that damage and the damage to Gray's vertebrae, rather than those injuries being due to any bouncing around in the van. Anyone who's viewed the State Trouper in CA, straddling and pounding on a supine woman as if he was in an MMA ring, has to realize that there are undoubtedly some really psycho cops in this country, who enjoy hurting people.

"An ambulance had to be diverted in Boston because of protestors who'd block I-93. Is that what you're thinking of?"

Yes, that is what I'm thinking of, Mairead, and that, imho, is going way too far. The fact that the protestors on I-93 who caused an ambulance to have to be diverted had also put themselves into cement barrels and blocked all four lanes on both sides of I-93 so that they couldn't be moved was inexcusable. Demonstrators, regardless of who they are, are obligated to move aside and let ambulances and other emergency vehicles through, and if they don't, they're irresponsible, imho.

Secondly, not withstanding that it's dangerous and irresponsible to block a freeway with extremely fast-moving vehicular traffic on it, I-93, or the Southeast Expressway, as it's frequently called, is about the absolute worst route here in Boston anyway, because it's always crowded. Inotherwords, it's rush-hour 24/7 on the Southeast Expressway, in both directions. That particular protest when the protestors deliberately blocked all four lanes on the Southeast Expressway and caused an ambulance to have to be diverted to a not-so-great hospital, imho, made an already chronically horrific situation on I-93 a hell of a lot worse.

Once is bad enough, and it's inexcusable, no matter who does it. That also goes for baseball fans during the baseball seasons, or whoever. Regardless of who the people are who are making it super-difficult for ambulances and other emergency vehicles to get through should be forced to move aside to let the ambulances or other emergency vehicles through. That's my take on it.