Home | About | Donate

Chicago Mayor Announces $5 Million Fund for City Residents Excluded From Federal Covid-19 Relief

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/06/10/chicago-mayor-announces-5-million-fund-city-residents-excluded-federal-covid-19

Thank you Mayor Lightfoot, the city’s support groups and whoever donated 4 million to show healthcare for all works in the real world. Haven’t many figured out yet that in order to fight the pandemic, EVERYONE needs to be covered-?-----EVERYONE

I read once that the word, “Chicago,” in indigenous language means smelly onions…I wonder how we could say --"smelly roses, " because things ware looking great in Chicago! : )

1 Like

Why did she say this in early March----

“Today, I’m proud to endorse JoeBiden for President. Joe is the best candidate to unite our country and move us past a presidency that has sought to divide us based on what we look like, what we believe, or who we love. He’s ready to lead and he’ll do it with passion and empathy,” Lightfoot tweeted.

It’s hard to take her seriously when she said he is “the best candidate to unite our country” and he will lead with “passion and empathy”

How can we trust someone who really believes that?
And if she doesn’t believe that she lies with ease to support status quo/oligarchy.

Could it have made a difference in Illinois if she came out early and passionately for Bernie?