Home | About | Donate

Chilcot Confirms, Iraq Invasion was Blair and Bush's War of Choice

This has all been very plain, right from the start, to any honest observer.

The Security Council did nothing. Blair has since "served" as special rapporteur for Middle East peace, of all things!

Absolute complicity, at the highest level, with this outrageous criminality, of the highest order.

Apparently, war crimes trials will only take place following collapse.

As long as AIPAC controls the media in the USA, nothing will come of any report that exposes the lies of the military bullies. Might makes right,at least in the U.S. and Israel. Protest, and the bullet or club for you.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Bush/Cheney do not travel easily outside the US due to criminal charges. Their carnage will last for a very long time including the melt-down of the Middle East. Cheney/Rothschild/Murdoch are drilling for oil in Syria. "Shock and Awe" and the lies even about limited civilian casualties due to targeted bombs were historic. Interesting this discussion combines with Brexit as it make citizens feel they should not be forced to pay for and fight for colonial wars of piracy generating profit for the 1%..

I've long said that those responsible for the carnage in the Mideast should be rounded up and flown to the refugee camps they created; and be forced to spend the rest of their lives tending to the victims of their devious actions. That would be justice!

Thank you. We would be a better nation if both Bush/Cheney and Wall Street criminals had been prosecuted. Globally it still could happen.

The Media is Mightier Than War (C)

According to the late US Marine Corps Major General Smedley Butler, recipient of two Medals of Honor and anti-Fascist ~

"War is a racket. It always has been. It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of the people. Only a small 'inside' group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few, at the expense of the very many. Out of war a few people make huge fortunes."

Wage Peace,

David DeChant
Marine Vietnam
Veteran For Peace

If things get hot, Bush, Cheney and others will escape to the ranch they bought in Paraguay a decade ago.

Keep Guantanamo open so we can fill it up with corrupt politicians and their corporate paymasters.

Yes, and let's hope they all get into a big argument one night and do each other in.

Big Oil called and Blair answered. Help Bush invade under the "fighting terror" guise, get BP some Iraqi oil wells and grease the economy with a war. Or stay out, lose out, and the oiligopolies will blame their economic losses on Blair.

Are these things planned or do they just happen?

Money is power, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

This article and the Chilcot report appear to be almost a whitewash.

The dodgy dossier's clumsy plagiarism shows deliberate deception, not just poor analysis.

I'll be there, right after I finish downloading the latest cool apps, oh, and then the game's on, forgot about that.
Can't miss that. Oh and then there's NASCAR (where cars go around and around for fun and profit, never mind climate chaos).
But after that, I'll be right there.

Oh the lies the lies. How they echo down the years. But no need for ear plugs while we have the MSM to drown out all the calls for truth and justice. Rise up as one! Demand action!

While that sounds good, I have to disagree. They should be prosecuted at the Hague and if/when convicted would hopefully be sentenced to spend the rest of their lives in prison.

I would agree, but to call it a whitewash is being generous, also sad is the BBC reporting citing "faulty intelligence" and "mistakes" being made, and citing death counts way way below what the actual count is.

Faulty intelligence is one thing but intelligence that is fabricated to achieve an end is something very different, that was deliberate and not a mistake , many many lies and deceptions and illegal acts took place in the run up to and start of this war and they continue to this day.

Unless they now go forward with charges against those responsible for said lies, because thats what they were, not mistakes or faulty intelligence but out and out lies to the govt. and the country, then this entire exercise called the Chilcot report amounts to nothing more than a verbal spanking at best.

At least tony blair looked like a broken man during his apology if you can call it that, and finally he lost that smarmy elitist attitude that he displayed for so long, it looks good on him.

The actions of all named in the inquiry are war crimes, the devastation and horror unleashed on hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians is a war crime, the money that is made from these wars is profit tearing on a grand scale and is also a war crime.

If Britain and America want to be taken seriously again in the world as defenders of freedom and democracy then they need to bring to justice those responsible for the carnage they are responsible for , otherwise its just more of the dog and pony show we have been subjected to since the war broke out.

But I suspect sadly that it will all give way now in a short time to the latest outrage that I also suspect is being concocted right now in some back room by the next class of war criminals.

And someone should remember Dr Kelly, the British intelligence analyst who exposed the lie very early on in the piece and was hounded by Bliar's friends to suicide by hanging.

And someone also should remember how earlier the British government under Thatcher beat a path to Saddam Hussein's door to sell him the very weapons that the invasion was supposed to remove. Never forget that Saddam Hussein gassed those 5000 Kurds at the time (1986?) when all western countries were selling him arms and the chemicals with which to make poison gas.

The Thatcher and Bliar governments have made a cynical mockery of everything my parents fought for, and suffered from as a result, during WW2.

The BBC was, for several weeks after the invasion, showing a photogaph of an Iraqi army hydrogen generator stating that it was a generator for poison gas. The generator was used to fill hydrogen ballons for meteorological purposes.

The BBC was founded in the 1920s to promote the British view of the world. Sometimes it does a good job of investigative reporting and sometimes it doesn't.

The BBC, whatever else it has been good at, has always been a propaganda machine for the government of the day. It serves to ignore serious investigations that might challenge the status quo. It is a palliative for those who want comfort and reassurance that everything is as it should be. As such, it is as obsolete as the very notions of fairness and objectivity that it pretends to uphold. It thrives on an unhealthy nostalgia. Give me independent media on the internet any day!