Home | About | Donate

Children 'Screaming and Coughing in the Mayhem' as Trump Border Patrol Fires Tear Gas Into Mexico

Children 'Screaming and Coughing in the Mayhem' as Trump Border Patrol Fires Tear Gas Into Mexico

Common Dreams staff

This is a breaking news story. Check back for updates...

After Central American migrants approached the U.S.-Mexico border on Sunday to call attention to awful shelter conditions and request asylum, U.S. Border Patrol agents reportedly fired tear gas into Mexico, forcing parents with toddlers to flee.

2 Likes

Sounds like an act of war to me. Will Mexico respond?

10 Likes

Hope the do, and with an armed response on top of Mira a Lago.

8 Likes

They don’t much look like the terrorists, rapist, criminals, drug dealers and murders our douchebag President said they were…do they?

16 Likes

It is the Border Patrol of The United States of America.

My first thought is, “I am ashamed to call myself an American”. That’s really all I can think of right now in the face of such brutality. But I think I’ll revise that to, “THEY should be ashamed to call themselves Americans”. (THEY= the administration that created this fiasco and those who carry out it’s orders.)

19 Likes

Twitter is filled with people being shocked about this.

Seriously? We didn’t all see this coming? What the hell did people think was going to happen? Do they not even now understand what Trump is?

That’s what shocks me.

6 Likes

I guess I did have some hope that it couldn’t really be that bad. I was wrong. Where are the checks and balances, the massive protests, the people?

6 Likes

When I just now saw tear gas a children together I remembered the little shack in basic training they choke you out in before letting out to breathe. But where is the food, water and shelter, from either country. These are refugees, not border jumpers. The Red Cross should be beating the Border Patrol with wooden spoons and stretchers.

10 Likes

Welcome to the age of climate refugees running for our lives.

This is our future. This is only going to get worse.

4 Likes

We don’t actually punish people for what they might be, so you can knock it off right now with that garbage.

Also, saying something is “criminal” doesn’t give anyone the right to use any response they wish, doesn’t take away human rights, doesn’t magically transform them into “things” that we can do anything to.

If you’re suggesting a world in which brutality is the default, you can keep it. I would call that a tremendous lack of imagination, as if this response is the only possible way to handle the situation. It really, really isn’t.

19 Likes

I hope no one falls for your tease.

1 Like

Where is Mexico with all of this melee? I certainly hope they are at least attempting to help these people.

2 Likes

We puts??? Where is your grammar?

Yes, I remember the tear gas shack in Navy basic training. This is a weapon with which they have attacked innocent refugees.

1 Like

This is terrible- I don’t recognize this country ( US) anymore.

6 Likes

It would be sad if Mexico were knowingly blind to this.

1 Like

So you’re all for tear gassing women and children as well? Yet, we attack other countries for doing the same.

2 Likes

Tear gassing terrified exhausted children and their families fleeing violence. Awesome. This is The United States of America. This is who we are now. Holy Sh**.

13 Likes

Mexico cannot defer to the USA all of the time. They have benefitted for many years- some immigrants have even returned to Mexico. Mexico needs to HELP- not turn a blind eye.