Home | About | Donate

Children's Detention Center Tour Reveals Trump Mural That Would Look 'In Place In a Banana Republic'

Children's Detention Center Tour Reveals Trump Mural That Would Look 'In Place In a Banana Republic'

Julia Conley, staff writer

Children who are taken to the former Walmart which now serves as a detention center for young immigrants in Brownsville, Texas, are greeted by a mural of the man responsible for their incarceration—President Donald Trump.

MSNBC journalist Jacob Soboroff was given a tour of the facility, now known as Casa Padre. He shared images of the mural, which includes the quotation, "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war."

Anyone who watches this horror and then thinks, oh I think I will have more children, has serious mental health issues.

As habitat overshoot grows worse, as the climate continues into chaos, as millions of refugees run for their lives, you can expect more of this inhumanity and pain all over the world.

Stop having children.

This is happening all over the world, even in Mexico.

The photo depicting a former giant Wal-Mart building repurposed now as a “detention” center for children, complete with murals glorifying the “Supreme Leader”, tells you much of what you need to know about the state of the USA in 2018.

Well then I guess that makes it o,k, I may owe an allegiance to my king, but I am still responsible for my own soul.

I remember the days when Americans were truly PROUD to “be American”. Now those who profess to be “proud” are either asleep or highly propagandized.

What, exactly, is there to be proud of anymore? It seems ASHAMED to “be American” just says it more accurately nowadays for those of us who are awake. It doesn’t have to be that way, but those who rule don’t actually give a shit.

Historically Its been called nationalism, wherein citizens support their political “leaders” the way they support a sports team, never letting facts get in the way of a good story.

For at least the past century or so, nationalism has been a key component in the demise of empires.

The “quote” is bizarre. Are the ICE agents or their private-prison contractor or Trump, or whatever oblivious to the way the children of reading age will interpret this - that they lost the battle this time, but in the future will find a way to defeat the USA?

This is the largest migration in our history and we have more immigration than any other country. Facilities are 95% full, not to mention the human trafficking element, this has become a business for some.

I could cry for these children. Depression must be setting in for them to be in a huge building with no windows. I worked in one on a temp job years ago, and I felt the sadness and depression coming on because there were no windows, no warmth, everything inside was coldly ‘furnished’. These poor babes did nothing wrong. I SO wish we could incarcerate Trump in their places.

The current resident of the White House should now and forever be referred to as, “Banana Man.”

On April 30, 1975 when the last few Americans were airlifted out of South Vietnam, that was the last time I was proud of America.

Short Live the King.

I know it did no good but yesterday I called my Senator, Jeff Flake and complained very forcefully that this has got to stop. He is a sharp critic of djt but I know it did no good. Calling and emailing doesn’t do anything anymore. All I can suggest is you send this to everyone, the link, the photo’s, write a blog, whatever, we are better than this dammit. Fight back!

okay, immature response from me, but I say, let the kids use it for a dart board or pin the tail on the ass …
p.s. I called Flake’s office, too … seems to be a waste of time, I got mad, got hung up on … (I wasn’t cursing, though … probably was the Nazi reference part … )

Thank you so much for the laugh, I really needed it. Gee do ya think the Nazi part got to 'em? I’ll bet it did cuz that’s what it resembles, truth be told.

What the hell? You’re saying these immigrant children came to take us over? Are they soldiers in a war?

Or at a fascist rally.

Scope that mural, and it’s clear that ain’t “history” that’s being taught, ese.

And stop using fossil fuels eh?