Home | About | Donate

Christmas Plea to World From Father of Drowned Syrian Child: Open Your Doors

Christmas Plea to World From Father of Drowned Syrian Child: Open Your Doors

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

The father of the three-year-old Syrian boy whose lifeless body washed up on a beach in Turkey—the powerful photo of which captured the human tragedy of the refugee crisis—will deliver a Christmas message in which he urges the world to have sympathy for those fleeing the ravages of war.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

"I want to help children because they know nothing about life except for laughing and playing. That’s all they know. So it's a problem for children if we don't look after them and take care of them."

wouldn't life be grand if all any of us knew nothing about life except for laughing and playing? we're all Nature's children, after all. sure, we have to take responsibility, but all children of any age do. i guess the secret is finding work that is enjoyable, meaningful and satisfying.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Beautiful and important to read. And now the next step. As a caring community of readers, what is each of us able to DO about welcoming refugees into the U.S.? I live in a place, Portland, Oregon, where our governor has made a positive statement. Waiting to learn when it will begin, how will citizens here be useful to the process.

You must be as happy and relaxed as I from seeing that VERKAKTE GONE FOR GOOD! I simply HATED his presence as the head of the Canadian government for much too long, with all the dangerous situations he put Canada into. What business did HARPER's Canada have in bombing Libya and Syria? The humanitarian money HARPER gave for the Syrian refugees a few years ago, was it for a real humanitarian cause or for a hidden terrorists' arming cause? He's been so crooked about his international ventures that it's definitely very hard to see any real humanitarian virtue in his saying and doing. He had the guts to attack Putin verbally. When I think that Russia is just on the other side of Canada's North, I can't help but consider HARPER as the village's IDIOT... As a reminder of his ideology, his hate of the UN, he had the guts to miss on purpose the first UN General Assembly he was going to attend as Canada's Prime Minister in NYC, and he instead found the closest Tim Horton's to go for coffee and possibly doughnuts (his rounded figure would prove that...) as a CELEBRATION of a Canadian enterprise buying that chain of restaurants back. I strongly believe his geopolitics went according to the US' one in order to facilitate the acceptation of the Keystone XL pipeline crossing the US from Canada to Texas, and transporting the dirtiest and most greenhouse effect oil produced worldwide. Good riddin, VERKAKTE!