Home | About | Donate

CIA Propaganda Denounced as Durbin Sounds Alarm Over Agency Effort to Whitewash Haspel's Torturous Past

CIA Propaganda Denounced as Durbin Sounds Alarm Over Agency Effort to Whitewash Haspel's Torturous Past

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

As Gina Haspel faces mounting opposition ahead of her Wednesday confirmation hearing to head the CIA, the Senate's top Democrat is raising concerns about the agency's "robust" public relations campaign—which other critics have called a "domestic propaganda" operation—to distract from and downplay Haspel's role in the Bush administration's post-9/11

We prosecuted Axis military and political leaders after WWII for doing some of the things she has done. What have we come to?

Fascism.

MSM asks, “Why do so many spies support Gina Haspel’s appointment to head the CIA? My comment, Why? Because they’re the type of persons who love to dominate and torture tied-up people.” In Thailand, she drafted a cable — later sent by her boss, Jose Rodriguez — ordering the destruction of videotape of all CIA interrogations. The CIA’s lawyers had urged that the tapes be preserved, and Rodriguez was reprimanded for the order, though Haspel was not. In another anecdote conveyed by her supporters, she is said to have been shot at by Iranians while hastily leaving a clandestine meeting in an undisclosed country. Gee. She’s just like Hillary!

I listen to The Daily which is the NYTs podcast. Today they had on John Bennett, a former chief of he CIAs clandestine service. It was a total love fest for this war criminal. The reporter said they never get on former spies but they are pulling out all the stops to get this woman confirmed. He said he felt she protected the US and should be get the post. I am sure she will be. It really does make me sick.

Just another brick in the wall. Nazi Germany wasn’t built in a day.

It’s been said that the Nazis didn’t lose WW2, they just changed uniforms.

I don’t know where she keeps her Moral compass, but the stench must be overwhelming. Apparently Joe Manchin likes the smell.