Home | About | Donate

CIA Torture Whistleblower: US Government Lacks "the Guts" to Face Its Crimes

CIA Torture Whistleblower: US Government Lacks "the Guts" to Face Its Crimes

Jon Queally, staff writer

Out of prison and living at home under house arrest for the remainder of a suspended prison sentence, former CIA operative John Kiriakou, convicted and sent to jail for blowing the whistle on agency torture under the Bush administration, has been speaking to major medi outlets this week about the brutal tactics and depraved abuse administered by the U.S. government in the name fighting terrorism as well as his prosecution and conviction under the Espionage Act for speaking out against such crimes.

Not only does the US "Lack 'the Guts' to face its Crimes" as jailed CIA whistle-blower exposes --- but on a far broader and more dangerous level the US is very fearful of the day when it is publicly "Exposed" for all to see as the global HQ of the TCC's [transnational elite capitalist class] Disguised Global Capitalist Empire.

Yes, The US acts in every possible way like an Empire, but has the audacity to claim, as faux/Emperor-president Barack 'Audacity' Obama did while bombing Libya that, "We're NOT there for Empire".

This deceit and phony disguise reminds me of the SNL 'Land-shark' skit:

[Knock at the apartment door of Gilda Radner]:

"Who's there?"

"It's NOT the Land-shark"

[Gilda Screams]

https://screen.yahoo.com/land-shark-jaws-ii-224409387.html

"The U.S. state is a key point of condensation for pressures from dominant groups around the world to resolve problems of global capitalism and to secure the legitimacy of the system overall. In this regard, “U.S.” imperialism refers to the use by transnational elites of the U.S. state apparatus to continue to attempt to expand, defend, and stabilize the global capitalist system. We are witness less to a “U.S.” imperialism per se than to a global capitalist imperialism. We face an EMPIRE of global capital, headquartered, for evident historical reasons, in Washington." [caps added]

Robinson, William I. (2014-07-31). Global Capitalism and the Crisis of Humanity (p. 122). Cambridge University Press. Kindle Edition.

andrewboston, it actually "hides" it's EMPIRE behavior "when expedient" (which is always).

Best
Alan
ex-boston area boy in Maine now

John Kiriakou is a hero by any standard. The world needs more like him and can do without the incompetent, lying, scumbags that have been abusing him. I made a couple of small donations to his cause and wish I could reward him more adequately.

It's most revealing by John K. in this interview how "assets" are "recruited" by CIA using dirt (vulnerabilities), in other words: Blackmail.

Even presidents are "Recruited" by CIA, and I'll wager, Democratic presidents like John Kennedy are pressured into accepting CIA covert invasion of Cuba, for example. If they pull support from operation Zapata, for example, and express the intent of wanting to "break the CIA into a million peices" (for invading Cuba without permission), as JFK did, they die of lead poisoning from a lone gunman.

But that was the old days. Today, presidents are not allowed to even run unless they come from CIA organs like Occidental College in Southern California. Let's also recall that Barack Obama was ex-CIA (BIC, a known CIA banking front) and that he grew up in a CIA family. Or at least the target president will have had to cooperated with CIA ops in the past. Clinton, a nobody, was rewarded for turning a blind eye to CIA Barry Seal's Iran-Contra Drug-running through his state all those years by suddenly becoming the Democratic standard bearer.

Democracy?

In a pig's eye.

Rather sickening, but not the least bit surprising. This kind of lawless and/or secrecy has long been a problem with the United States Government, but it's been taken to some newer levels in more recent years.