Home | About | Donate

CIA Veteran to Chair Kent State 50th May 4 Commemoration Advisory Committee

CIA Veteran to Chair Kent State 50th May 4 Commemoration Advisory Committee

Russell Mokhiber

Kent State has appointed a 25 year veteran of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) to chair a committee to create plan and execute activities to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the shootings at the campus that killed four and wounded nine students on May 4, 1970.

1 Like

What did you expect? The universities have long been hotbeds of military industrial radicalism. raison d’etre.

1 Like

Just as disgusting as this appointment, is the fact that this woman is an “associate professor in Kent State’s School of Journalism and Mass Communication”.
Journalism, really Kent State??

2 Likes

They might as well appoint a general in the Ohio National Guard as her.
I might ad that I went to Ohio State then, so am not terribly surprised.

The Third Reich of Nazi Germany had the SS…and the Fourth Reich of Fascist, Amerika has the same thing, renamed the CIA!

1 Like

Of course! That makes as much sense as the senseless deaths of these innocent students to commemorate this 50 year occasion.

Which is it? Is she a “chair of a committee” or "chair of all the committees? Everything I have read stated she is chair of one of the four committees. Could you correct the misconception you have started?

www.kent.edu/ may4kentstate50/50th-planning-committees here is the list of current committees and their members. looks like she is on the communications committee as well as the advisory committee. Have to get to work or I would search to see what the original post she was assigned to oversee - had to mangle the link to post