Home | About | Donate

Citing Assange's Work Exposing US 'Atrocities,' UK Labour Leaders Speak Out Against Extradition Effort

Citing Assange's Work Exposing US 'Atrocities,' UK Labour Leaders Speak Out Against Extradition Effort

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

Key figures in the United Kingdom's Labour Party are speaking out against the possible extradition of Julian Assange to the United States after British police arrested the WikiLeaks founder and forcibly dragged him out of the Ecuadorian Embassy in London Thursday.

2 Likes

Gimme and “F”! Gimme an “A”! Gimme an “S”! Gimme a “CISM”!!!

9 Likes

Bet they won’t allow his trial or any aspect of it to be Public - National Security will be the excuse.

5 Likes

The world needs more people like Corbyn.

15 Likes

I hope the UK will not extradite Assange to the Evil Empire where the death penalty probably awaits his fate. This is a threat to all journalist anywhere who rightfully expose America’s war crimes and crimes against humanity orchestrated by the self righteous religious wackos who are destroying civilization for profits. The other clear threat is having a reporter placed on the Fourth Reich infamous Kill List.

3 Likes

Well who wouldn’t listen to a labor leader? Without a major change in leadership we may, in short order, not have any money or rights under the constitution.

0 Likes

Thank you Jeremy Corbyn.
Encourage your representatives to at least acknowledge that the nature of what was revealed were WAR CRIMES and CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY.

We are being held as human shields in the court of global public opinion. So degenerate is the construct being twaddled that Trump gives the military MORE and eliminates the international nuclear agreement?

THE FACTS are - regardless of public opinion - what condemn and weigh on the powers that be. They DO NOT have any intent of well being behind the assault on humanity. They are now demonstrably fear based, violence oriented, extractive in vision, predatory in practice and paranoid by premise.

DN and Noam Chomsky today

5 Likes

Pence - VMUSA: Assange will be brought to ‘justice’ for reporting US war crimes and crimes against humanity… I note the average I.Q. in the US is around 80. It figures!

VMUSA – Vice Moron of the United States of America

1 Like

Come on, Bernie, make a statement on behalf of Julian.

7 Likes

Don’t miss Tulsi’s remarks near the bottom!

5 Likes

Kim Dotcom hosted a 6hr. conversation the day Assange was arrested.

Daniel Ellsberg on the Real News Network on Assange arrest

5 Likes

I know this is hasty, but Tulsi’s totally bumped Sanders in my book. This reticence to say anything controversial brings back bad memories of Sanders’ previous campaign. I’m sick of it.

3 Likes

Pentagon crimes against humanity must always be disclosed legally or by other means. We used to cover Vietnam war with all it’s gruesime live war seens but a lot has changed since.

1 Like

Raid the fucking prisons and free him along with all other prisoners of conscience

1 Like

I’m thinking it’s time for WikiLeaks to scrap its policy of not disclosing sources.

If a campaign insider leaked those DNC emails, I’d like to know, wouldn’t you?

1 Like

These days I don’t think of any country as a kingdom or as a democracy. Ever since the Magna Carta, maybe before that, the king has to throw a bone to everybody else sometimes. Sometimes the bone has some meat on it, sometimes not much. Some days and in some countries elections are more of a joke than others, and someday there will be an honest election somewhere, probably for the Cambridge, Massachusetts City Council.

“Freedom of the press” is a bone that Congress threw to Quaker-dominated Rhode Island after the Revolution to entice it into the union. It doesn’t mean anything if the laws are all ignored for political expediency. I mean, why should corporations be declared to be people in the United States? That’s just not in the Constitution, and then one day it just appeared, poof!

Anyways, the guys in charge simultaneously want to dodge the war crimes court (see other news story today) and persecute any journalist or whistle blower ratfink that outed them.

4 Likes

The UK isn’t allowed under its law to extradite anyone to any country where they are in danger of facing the death penalty.

3 Likes

Sanders’ silence on this is exactly what I would expect from him; and, what I’ve been saying will happen if he becomes President. He’ll kowtow to the permanent/deep state; because, he’s a chicken $hit. - Kudos to Gabbard.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this, Clyde. Bernie is pretty gutless on non-domestic policy.
For example, his position on Venezuela is not far (enough?) from Pompouseo’s.
It takes a bit of nerve to ignore the Assange persecution while praising his own rights record.

Another plus mark for Tulsi Gabbard!

3 Likes

You make good points, EM. I don’t know what kind of shot Tulsi has but I am CERTAINLY looking closer at her and hope others do too.
As you said, " Another plus mark for Tulsi Gabbard!

1 Like