Home | About | Donate

Citing 'Conscience Shocking' Conduct, Former Gov. Snyder Reinstated in Flint Water Lawsuit

Citing 'Conscience Shocking' Conduct, Former Gov. Snyder Reinstated in Flint Water Lawsuit

Jon Queally, staff writer

A federal judge on Monday—who agreed that allegations of "conscience shocking" conduct claimed by plaintiffs were "plausible"—reinstated Michigan's former Governor Rick Snyder as a defendant in a class action lawsuit by the victims of the water crisis in the city of Flint that first captured national headlines in 2014.

8 Likes

Thank you Judge Judith Levy.

23 Likes

I would like to thank that Judge Levy for actually following the law. I don’t live in Michigan, but I did follow this story and my heart just hurt for the residents. Rick Snyder’s name never should have been taken off of that lawsuit - it was his decision as governor to switch to the Flint river and it is his responsibility because he lied even after he knew what was going on! Shame on him!

23 Likes

Who are Senior State & Local Officials? Is there a reason their names can not be mentioned in this article?
Who are the two private engineering firms? Is there a reason the engineering firms can not be mentioned in this article?
Who in Genesee County Michigan?
Who in the city of Flint?
Let’s begin listing all the regulators that did not do their jobs and start sending them to the guilty hall of frame. Person’s who cause harm to society should be in a place where they can cause no more damage.

19 Likes

These guys never learn from their elders. Remember, Rick, that it’s not the crime, it’s the cover up.

3 Likes

I hope Rick Snyder finishes his life penniless and without a pot to piss in.

9 Likes

I’m not sure what any court could do to right the wrongs of a conspiracy to poison an entire city.
However, I’m willing to start with the Stocks, and good firm bastinado stick…

4 Likes

Snyder deserves a prison sentence if anyone ever did.

13 Likes

Would that all public officials would be made accountable for any of their malfeasance. This at least gives one hope.

6 Likes

How about enforcing the Emoluments Clause, and forcing the Drümpf crime family to turn over ANY and ALL income from their various hotels & golf courses from Jan. 17, 2017 to Jan. 19, 2021 to the Department of the Interior, or at the very minimum all income resulting from payments by foreign en-
tities and representatives of Multi-NaZional Korporations having any business whatsoever – or laws regulating said businesses – pending within the United States.

IIRC, Lyndon Johnson was a “poor but honest” public schoolteacher when he was first elected to the congress, and by the time Bird Turd and Lady Bird passed away Lucy Bird and Linda Bird inherited a large ranch and a fortune of many millions of dollars.   Gee, I wonder how THAT happened . . .

There are PLENTY of Crooks on BOTH Sides of the Aisle!!

7 Likes

By the way – in a somewhat closely related matter – has anything been done to relieve the residents of Benton Harbor, MI, from the malfeasance of Goober-Nadir Snyder’s appointed “administrator” there??

5 Likes

And in the quote applied by MLK:
" Evil may so shape events that Caesar will occupy a palace and Christ a cross, but that same Christ arose and split history into A.D. and B.C., so that even the life of Caesar must be dated by his name. Yes, “the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.” There is something in the universe which justifies William Cullen Bryant in saying, “Truth crushed to earth will rise again.”"

4 Likes

Some welcome good news. Then again, it’s a Republican country (or ownership). Witness former FL governor Rick Scott being given a health-related position, the person that while CEO of a health insurer, perpetrated the largest Medicare fraud to date. He got away with it so, of course, he lands further up.

6 Likes

Those are provocative words. No truth, no trust.
No trust, no peace… In marital relationships and in national country-to-country relations, trust is the most necessary ingredient. The hardest to attain, and then to keep.

1 Like

Well, why not. I’m already on a cynical paranoia trip about this administration. So Trump brings in a whole frickin cabinet, generals, advisors and more. Once they have been in office long enough to learn the ropes, they are gone. Trump keeps the cycle going with a whole NEW set of hires, and now he has double the normal amount of his cohort knowing the ropes, and all I suppose have/had security clearances.
Then his daughter and son-in-law and 23 others picked for the Trump team apply for secret clearances and are denied for solid reasons. Trump then flips the security decisions on them and grants clearances to them all. And he lied about every one of them.
No coup eh? Well Trump is moving on something. If it isn’t a coup of some sort, what is it.
The size of this gambit would be yuuuuge if Trump were reelected, and kept adding to his little army.

3 Likes

In a perfect world Snyder would not have been governor so we start with the imperfect world theory. Given this, Snyder likely will not be tried and convicted for depraved indifference and be sent to state prison until he expires. In this world he would also not be sued for every dime he was paid to protect his constituents and the money reclaimed be used to go toward paying the enormous debt the State of Michigan owes the victims of this criminal horror.

2 Likes

prison is not good enuf for a murderer like him.

2 Likes

Great post! I would have written the exact same story, but u beat me to it… and that’s only the tip of the gigantic Iceberg. I think you how frustrated I am, reading the same shit every day, and it keeps getting worse because He can do whatever the hell he wants and people just suck it up.

3 Likes

So we’re supposed to believe Snyder did this heinous crime all by himself? All of the murderers need to be rounded up to face the Residents of Flint! This was an Act of pre- meditated murder planned by many. This needs to go much further…until the truth is found.

5 Likes

I understand your opinion. My hope that he and the others receive the punishment they deserve may be in vain, but I still trust the justice system. This was an enormous failure of government and leadership that rests squarely on Snyder’s shoulders. After all, he was the primary proponent of the state-appointed special administrator regime. He made serious errors of judgement that showed a callous disregard for the safety of citizens. The people charged must be held to account for their misdeeds in order to remind future government officials what their charge is and who they serve.

3 Likes