Home | About | Donate

Citing Dictatorial Tendencies, Critics Slam Trump Over 'Madcap Threat' Aimed at News Outlet

The report he condemned NBC for was entirely factual.

There is nothing partisan or “Democrat” about the corporate media - they do the bidding of the business interests of their advertising customers (no, we are not a commercial media’s customers, we are the product for sale). It is regardless of party affiliation. And no, aside from FOX and Breatbart, the media does not fabricate “fake news”, they simply cherry pick and memory-hole the facts available to avoid inconvenient truths. I suggest you Read Herman and Chomsky, Manufacturing Consent"

And compared to Trump Hillary was so bad how? Right now, even Rex Tillerson looks good compared to Trump! Use facts, not red-brown conspiracy theories and absurdities like “Hillary wanted world war with Russia!” Think of the strategic position we would be in right now had Hilary been elected. We would be at the base camp at the foot of the mountain right now instead of stuck in the bottom of the grand canyon 100 miles from the mountain.

Had Sanders gotten the nomination, his winning was far from guaranteed to say the least - not after the smearing of Sanders got started. Are you too young to remember McGovern or Dukakis? Almost all my colleagues at work here in the Appalachian region voted for Trump, and none of them would have voted for Sanders.

So there is zero truth to the allegations that the US was actively engaged in a coup in Ukraine? Huh?

Surely you aren’t ignorant concerning CIA covert operations that have toppled regimes all over the world, right?

I give you more credit than to believe that you are.

I have to quibble with your last sentence.

The only way that would be logically “well taken” is if Trump gave a flying fuck about reporting objective truth to begin with.

There should be zero credit given to Trump on this. Zilch, zip, nada.

geezer… he’s too dangerous to take the time to go through an impeachment. he’s got to be taken out STAT.

chloe, it so happens that i agree with you but maybe parts of our perspectives differ. i have no use for the MSM… i did give the opportunity to MSNBC to prove they had some brains and guts, but they caved. i hear and understand what the hillary people say, but i disagree. (apart from some of the crumbs she’s thrown out to us, i’ve had no use for her for decades.) the media in this country is too powerful and too compromised. they gave dump incredible publicity and i will go to my grave believing that exposure helped grow his base and inured people to the horrors within. the media should have ignored his tantrums, bullying, ranting and rendered him a nothing, but they wanted their ratings… they trashed bernie and jill or paid no attention to them…and THAT’s where publicity would have helped both.

the media does lie. i can’t use dump’s formulation about fake news because he’s a paranoid bloviator agitating people to take his side. but there is plenty of lying going on in today’s journalism. lying by commission and by omission. plus when they do report on something substantial, where are the analyses of pros and cons of whatever? in general, journalism today is neither helping people know the whole truth about things nor teaching them how to think.

Get out there Mr. Yunzer and start organizing the masses instead of sitting on your ass bitching about how ineffectual and disorganized a potential US opposition seems to be. Jump up and join up with the worthy Reverend Billy Talen and his Church of Stop Shopping Choir. That would certainly be an activist move.

ok, what’s the bottom line here? is chloe a rightwing troll on this site? what did i miss?

you hit the nail on the head. trump is dangerous primarily because of his volatility and fragility. pence is indeed the ideologue who knows the ropes. as a democracy, we’re screwed either way. but dotard can incinerate us sooner.

Yes please

It is frankly disgusting that the prictator is able to say or tweet whatever lies ‘it’ wants to!

Vanity Fair article … Excerpts

“I Hate Everyone in the White House!”: Trump Seethes as Advisers Fear the President Is “Unraveling”

In recent days, I’ve spoken with a half dozen prominent Republicans and Trump advisers, and they all describe a White House in crisis as advisers struggle to contain a president that seems to be increasingly unfocused and consumed by dark moods.

NBC News published a report that Trump shocked his national security team when he called for a nearly tenfold increase in the country’s nuclear arsenal during a briefing this summer. One Trump adviser confirmed to me it was after this meeting disbanded that Secretary of State Rex Tillerson called Trump a “moron.”

Even before Corker’s remarks, some West Wing advisers were worried that Trump’s behavior could cause the Cabinet to take extraordinary Constitutional measures to remove him from office. Several months ago, according to two sources with knowledge of the conversation, former chief strategist Steve Bannon told Trump that the risk to his presidency wasn’t impeachment, but the 25th Amendment—the provision by which a majority of the Cabinet can vote to remove the president.

Imagine Trump would resign before the Cabinet would act to impeach for FIRE him…?

For that reason I can agree on that Trump should be impeached. President Pence is kicking the can down the road but it might give us more time to fight against the GOP, unfortunately this also might just promote complicity from the populace, who might see things have become more “normal” with a less mentally unstable president.

Well done nineteen50, well done.

Pathetic little Justin Trudeau looks and acts like a craven lap-dog for trump - Justin needs a serious spine-stiffening! Pierre would be disgusted and Margaret should be!

dissent: I generally agree with the opinions you post, but not in this case.

Though DJT is a very, very sick individual, he is not so stupid as many here and elsewhere proclaim. And he is playing the national media like a grand piano right this vey minute, and many of the electorate also. But the electorate hardly matters any more - just there to endorse whatever piece of shit either party stands up for us to “vote” for.

I don’t know what the future holds, and at any rate I won’t be around much longer to witness it. The danger is now, and DJT is playing the media expertly. The GOP realize this, and it is why they are either happy (tea party) or terrified (establishment) into doing nothing.

It is the Republicans who keep Trump in office despite all the very clear and present dangers in allowing him to continue!

Republicans like the focus being kept on Trump while they push their corporate agenda. In fact somehow Trump has helped to create this false impression of a split between him and the Republicans at least in the eyes of the corporate media that helps protect him from being impeached. To be sure Trump is the spoiled brat prince who abuses being given the throne but he still pushes that rightist agenda of the Republicans while pretending that he is unhappy with them ( as if they were too liberal )! In return, they protect him from impeachment and pretend like they are shocked and powerless to do anything about him!

Nothing could make Trump any more dangerous than that the Republicans show him that no matter what he says or does that they will protect him and keep him in office as long as he gives them their corporate oligarchy agenda!

Interesting. If this were an article about almost anything else media related, and someone said “they make up what they want”, half of this readership would agree with that statement.

But because it’s the target of “The Resistance” ™, people are jumping on board the Comcast defense train?

Yeah, Trump’s authoritarian. So are most presidents. The last one was no prize, he was just more rhetorically civilized about it. How many whistleblowers and journos were hounded and threatened in the previous 8 years?

Once again, Trump’s vile personality sets the position marker for people. If he’s for something, they’re 'agin it, simply because he’s a supreme douchnozzle.

Seems an unsound approach to the practice of politics.

I appreciate your insight. If as you say Il Douche is really just playing stupid and all of his insanity is by design and he is playing us like a master conman, then we are a lot further down the road to authoritarianism/fascism than I fear. I hope you are wrong, however. Although sooner or later, that is the eventual destiny of this country. Perhaps better to just get there ASAP instead of dragging it out.

Wish i could like your post again. So true. But i would say we had some president smarter then trump but just as evil…Bush ( slightly smarter)

Half of this readership believes in all manner of nonsense.