Home | About | Donate

Citing FBI Probe of Trump, Democrats Told to 'Cease All Business'

Citing FBI Probe of Trump, Democrats Told to 'Cease All Business'

Jon Queally, staff writer

Documentary filmmaker and political activist Michael Moore on Wednesday said it's time for the Democratic Party in Congress to "declare a National Emergency" and put a stop to all legislative activity—including the confirmation process of Supreme Court nominee Neil Gorsuch—until the FBI completes its investigation into possible ties between members of President Donald Trump's campaign and alleged interference by the Russian government in last year's U.S. election.

This is literally insane:

https://www.emptywheel.net/2017/03/22/devin-nunes-commits-felonious-leaking/

A special prosecutor is necessary now, immediately.

" The American people have a right to know if their President is a crook?"

Most of us already know it!

It is about time! Do the Dems still believe in our democracy or are they willing to become the democratic wing of the fascist party that took over under Trump?

Do the Dems still believe in democracy? Trump does not!

Moore spoke for all of us. He was speaking to the Dems! The Dems should decide to trust in the people of the USA! To do otherwise is to invite chaos and turmoil.

Schiff was pretty good on tv tonight from what I hear. Whatever the case, I'm in Cali and would like to see Nunes lose his seat.

He's more than a crook. He's a traitor.

" Key Democratic officials are clearly worried about the expectations that have been purposely stoked and are now trying to tamp them down. Many of them have tried to signal that the beliefs the base has been led to adopt have no basis in reason or evidence.

. . .

But with serious doubts — and fears — now emerging about what the Democratic base has been led to believe by self-interested carnival barkers and partisan hacks, there is a sudden, concerted effort to rein in the excesses of this story. With so many people now doing this, it will be increasingly difficult to smear them all as traitors and Russian loyalists, but it may be far too little, too late, given the pitched hysteria that has been deliberately cultivated around these issues for months. Many Democrats have reached the classic stage of deranged conspiracists where evidence that disproves the theory is viewed as further proof of its existence, and those pointing to it are instantly deemed suspect." theintercept.com/2017/03/16/key-democratic-officials-now-warning-base-not-to-expect-evidence-of-trumprussia-collusion/

And Michael, I say this. Yes, let's stop everything and investigate both Trump and the Clinton Foundation, along with the corruption by the DNC of this Democratic Party primary (I was a democrat, supported Bernie and voted Jill Stein). While we're at it let's investigate the 2000 election of Bush, along with the 2004 one. Maybe look at the Reagan- Carter election and the hostage situation then. Possibly look at the arms for hostage trades by Reagan also re: Iranian hostages. Also re: Reagan's attempt to overthrow Nicaragua's president, Ortega using cash from the illegal CIA cocaine drug sales in order to supply arms to the Nicaraguan rebels. Or, how about Nixon's treasonous dealings with the North Vietnamese in order to get re-elected in 1972? Michael, both of us know this crap has been going on for as long as this country has existed. Kick out Trump by what many who voted for him will consider a coup and what do we gain? You want that crook Hillary to show up for her coronation? Is that really what you want?

Liberals arm yourselves!

I have no issue with protesting Donald Trump's immorality and ineptness but let's be honest that the Dems party is atrociously corrupt and hypocritical. I think it should be abundantly clear by know that the Dems do not believe in Democracy or they would not have nominated HRC this past summer. Whether one agrees with that -yet clearly enough proved they did last November- the DNC/Democratic Party already meets the very definition of corporate fascism, so I don't think we should be surprised that they are right of center already and will be the democratic wing of any fascist party whether it is under Trump, Bush, Obama, or Clinton. After the debacle of the 2016 election that got us all royally trumped, more of the citizenry are waking up to the fact that the left wing and the right wing belong to the same dirty bird-brained WAR HAWK when it comes to foreign policy and a vulture when it comes to domestic policy. Our system of government that is to be an open process democracy has been usurped by a rotten and fraudulent political cabal owned by a few wealthy corporations, banksters, and are using a deep state that has no interest in providing for the "common good" of all of us as it only plans to use us as cannon fodder for their endless wars and threats of war. Protest that with No Business instead. The 4th Amendment is dead and no one seems to want to speak of it; certainly not the MSM and why would they since they are owned by the same corporatists and serve as a tool of the state that if not guilty of "fake news" is certainly guilty of just not reporting what it does not want people to know. Protest that with No Business. All this while an inept buffoon is sitting the oval office that both Bush (R) and Obama )D) gave total dictatorship powers to right up until Obama's last days in office believing Hillary would be the POTUS. Protest that with No Business! The FBI, NSA, Gen. Clapper, and even HRC's good campaign ally and former CIA Director, Michael Morell, says there is no evidence of Russia collaborating with Trump. Donna Brazil admits cheating for HRC. Come on, HRC lost because of her deeply flawed personality and candidacy and because more people than not see the Democratic Party is not about democracy and the working class. So why should we be doing ANY business with ANY of these bird brains -Left or Right-- any longer? We should be demanding and end to the corporatism of the nation that has sold us out by both parties to the deep state and globalists and re-establishing our democracy at every level in an open process. Protest FOR that with No Business as if your life depends on it because it actually does now.

And that is true in a nutshell.

Then this:

I saw that earlier today. Then again, it's probably just a distraction if I'm to understand what some folks are saying here, right? What it's supposed to distract us from, I don't know.

I worry that our protests are being made to the very people that we are protesting about.

"His Presidency has no legitimacy until the FBI - and an independent investigative committee - discovers the truth."

Just like the FBI (complicit in the murder of President Kennedy) helped out the Warren Commission (Overseen by Allen Dulles, who actually LEAD the coup) ?

THAT FBI?

THAT kind of Independent Committee?

And while we're having hearings, how about....

"Lies that started a War"

"Who wrecked the Economy?

"What happened in the Dem Cal Primary? (Dem Bots, save your breath, you wasted too much space on Monday defending this one, you're wearing us out.)

The list is now endless, which is why so many, (92 plus million eligible voters, in 2016 alone), refuse to even Vote anymore.

One really good Post.

Thanks.

I think Bannon / Drumpf et al would love the Dems. to walk out about now.

" THAT FBI?". Yes, not a chance! The fact that one of the most treasonous and egregious, American, criminals J.Edgar Hoover's name is on the FBI building should tell us ALL WE NEED TO KNOW! Hoover's name on that building is the epitome of insults and should have been removed a long time ago!

Fidelity, Bravery, Integrity? With J. Edgar Hoover's name still adorning that building, that term is right out of Orwell's lexicon!

I note that the author of the article from which I posted is Glenn Greenwald. There are many opinions of Glenn Greenwald, but I don't think that it is anyone's opinion that Greenwald is a supporter of Donald Trump.

I also want to note that I did not post Greenwald's commentary with the thought that what he writes settles all (or indeed any) issues or questions. If it is the case, however, that the first two sentences I quoted are factually correct, it does seem that a call for calm reflection would do a better service than telling anyone to Cease all Business (whatever that is supposed to mean).

Someone the other day asked me whu i said we should impeach this jack-a-ninny. Not too long before that, i was questioned why i thought home-girl, whats her face, should be fired for the free commercial. What i don't understand is how those questions are being conceived in the first place. The only thing i can think at this point is that a Chump supporter is on this site saying this to anti-Chump folks. But that would never happen, except when Common Dreams staff caught it. I'm asking everyone who reads this to pay attention to people that question. They will have a soft approach when they do it. If you read comments here between people that are arguing, there is a major difference in rhetoric. Those last two were overly nice lol. Maybe they're real, but how could someone question anyone at this point that wants impeachment or for people to be fired? Chump is literally under an investigation that could easily lead to treason as the outcome. :confused: