Home | About | Donate

Citing Fears of Americans Getting 'Screwed,' Progressive Democrats Call Out Pelosi for Crafting Pharma-Friendly Drug Pricing Bill in Secret

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/06/06/citing-fears-americans-getting-screwed-progressive-democrats-call-out-pelosi

More surrender monkey crap from the coin-operated Dem ladership.

15 Likes

At what point in time is that party going to kick horrible and corrupt people like her to the curb? Never, it seems, because the party is hierarchical and those controlling it will not change or get rid of their power, and those below them don’t challenge them tons. We have a corrupt two party system, and one party is in need of actual moderation. So, why do people like Pelosi and Hoyer not go to the Republican Party and join arms with their fellow right wingers and help to moderate that party? On a wide range of issues, she is absolutely right wing. If she were in the UK and had her view on healthcare, for example, she would be allies with Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage. She paid tribute to Pete Peterson on the House floor, has bought into his lies on Social Security, Medicare, public debt, deficits and public “debt”. She has met with the anti-Bernie folks and is strongly against his social democratic agenda, which isn’t very radical, given the needs of the times. She dismisses the GND, uses the DCCC to beat back the left, brags about how great she is at taking in bribes. If she stays in her current party, she can more effectively beat back the left and can continue to get rich while proposing no actual solutions to any problems we are facing. So, ka ching.

25 Likes

Just more proof that Pelosi is nothing but a corporate, whore!

13 Likes

Here’s someone to look at who is going to primary Pelosi-

7 Likes

. . . like the rest of the DNC, DCCC and DSCC.   And further proof that there should be term limits for members of Congress just like there is a term limit on the Presiduncy.

7 Likes

Soooo true!

4 Likes

The Democratic Party appears to be a subsidiary of Wall Street with Nancy acting as CEO. She is doing things that her bosses like. We the people don’t really even factor in. It’s all about profits for them…and losses for us.

13 Likes

Let’s see - people like Cheney and Pelosi like to make government deals in secret and they let us know a little bit at the last minute. She is worthless as a leader and as long as she remains there will be a drag on any progressive movement in this nation. yet, she has all those people who support her just because she is a woman in a position of power. Well, there are other woman who could be in a position of power and wouldn’t betray the interests of the american people. Does that make any sense?

9 Likes

This is the “lesser of two evils” doing the peoples business. I agree with Pelosi on impeachment, but this kind of shit is unacceptable.

1 Like

It’s cases like these that make me wonder if the Democratic Party is misnamed. It is dictatorial, not democratic.

The 125 co-sponsors of the Doggett bill and others should vote this plan down unless it addresses its shortcomings to their satisfaction. Don’t cave to the dictates of Pelosi and so-called Dem leadership.

7 Likes

Term limits are a very bad idea. All people need to do is vote out the crudey politicians. We don’t want to term limit the descent politicians cause there aren’t very many of them.

5 Likes

Definitely need a re-name. I saw one proposed that I thought fit- Remove the D and leave the NC for “No Change”

2 Likes

Can she be impeached? Please?

2 Likes

Could it be you intended to say ‘raped’…we been voluntarily ‘screwed’ by the wall street dems all my eighty plus years.

3 Likes

Pelosi is a bad apple. Rotten to the core. One good act is not enough when spoiled by 9 bad acts. Not to be trusted.

8 Likes

Which is why I suggested a month ago: To get their attention, someone needs to craft and post a well written statement (reflecting our shared values) that declares openly and publicly to the Dem. leadership:

We the undersigned pledge to vote Democrat ONLY if Bernie or Elizabeth is on the final ticket.

We lay down that challenge. We disabuse them of the idea they can continue to get away with this.

Everyone should be willing to sign. Whether they feel absolutely bound by their signature is their own ethical issue they can deal with on their own.

But right now, all the views and all the attitudes expressed on this website are not factored into the Dem leadership plans period. We can sit here and bitch day after day, or goddam do something.

3 Likes

Not just Wall Street.

4 Likes

Love Public Citizen. I subscribe to “Good Pills, Bad Pills” newsletter which I often quote to my doctor who usually responds with a sneer.

1 Like

Me too. CRP does good work too. Did you trip over the pharma reps in your doctor’s office?

3 Likes