Home | About | Donate

Citing FEC's Refusal to Act, CREW Files Suit Against Paul Ryan-Aligned Dark Money Group

Citing FEC's Refusal to Act, CREW Files Suit Against Paul Ryan-Aligned Dark Money Group

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

After nearly six years of stalling by the federal authority that oversees elections, a government ethics watchdog has filed a "historic" lawsuit against a right-wing nonprofit aligned with House Speaker Paul Ryan, alleging that the group has violated campaign finance laws and should be required to register as a political committee, which would mean disclosing its deep-pocketed donors.

Frome the article:

“…commissioners who have fought every step of the way to keep dark money dark.”

I wish Ms. Corbett had named them, but in any case, I’d love to see the Kochroaches scurry when the lights go on. One dollar/one vote is no way to run a democracy.

Interesting to see the result

Hm, maybe he’ll end up in jail instead of just retired!

The ONLY way to protect and enhance our democratic system of one person one vote is to get ALL the money out of politics. We need to upend Citizens United, codify the FACT that corporations are NOT people. If they were the all CEOs and board members would be subject to prison time (as you and I are) whenever they break a law that results in injury, suffering or death of any individual. The way to ‘unrig’ our elections is to publicly fund ONLY all elections, local, state and federal. For our very survival we must become not just a nation of laws but a nation of just laws.