Home | About | Donate

Citing His 'Alarming Disregard' for the Law, House Committee Launches Contempt Proceedings Against Pompeo

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/08/28/citing-his-alarming-disregard-law-house-committee-launches-contempt-proceedings

4 Likes

“You don’t get to repeatedly defy congressional subpoenas and undermine the Constitution with no consequences,”

Uh huh. Tell that to the Oil CEO’s and the Tobacco CEO’s and their Lying ‘Scientists’ and others who have lied to congress and walked away to do it again.

Barking at the Moon again?

17 Likes

Citing His ‘Alarming Disregard’ for the Law,

Notice that they are not citing Pompeo’s “alarming disregard” for the sovereignty of other nations.

9 Likes

Yeah. I bet he’s shaking in his shoes.

11 Likes

If there was any way the current lawlessness in government could be fixed in house, then Congress would have sent law enforcement to Pompeo and dragged his ass before them in shackles.

You can’t fix corruption with corruption. It’s never worked, as far as my historical research has shown.

9 Likes

If Biden and Harris are saying America will support Israel no matter what and Pompeo spoke from Israel, this is simply smoke and mirrors. Now if he was speaking from Tehran, well …

5 Likes

Throw his fat pasty pompeous ass in the fuckin’ hoosegow. These self-entitled overinflated shitheads need to taste a few nights shivering on a concrete floor in a rat-infested third-world prison befitting the banana republic they’ve made the U.S. into.

@Spacecadet If this pompeous jackass ever speaks from Tehran, it’ll be from the court dock where he stands on trial for all his myriad fucking crimes against humanity and Pachamama.

7 Likes

shaking …from laughing his fat-ass off.

6 Likes

Oooops, excuse me $340,000,000 … ~https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2019/07/10/trumps-golf-trips-could-cost-taxpayers-over-340-million/#26b26a6128aa

1 Like

We need to have a breakthrough at some point, at some time.
Let’s not put down those that are still trying. And we shouldn’t dismiss Barr from his duty to testify.
He is a hoot. Listening to his daah, “I don’t know that I think thayut.” “I just don’t know.”

8 Likes

Yeah, there is something really wrong with that guy.

3 Likes

Pompous Maximus: “Shiver me timbers and blow me down, ye jelly-liver committee chairs in Congress.”

8 Likes

Congress: Defund his fucking position until he answers to the subpoena.

6 Likes

It’s about bleepin’ time.

Rep. Eliot Engel (D-N.Y.), chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, said in a statement that Pompeo “seems to think the office he holds, the department he runs, the personnel he oversees, and the taxpayer dollars that pay for all of it are there for his personal and political benefit.”

That’s why we call him PompousAss.

3 Likes

The breakthrough will certainly come, with us or without us. The danger is that it could easily break against us. And that’s what we’re still trying for, to have it break FOR us.

But WAIT!! It’s all the Democrats’ fault!!!

(Sarcasm directed at the many trump trolls and shills on CD)

2 Likes

That’s all many here on CD do all day long. They are worse than nothing. The country has gone full fascist and the cynicism and backstabbing from “progressives” is nauseating.

You know why the Repubs have won? They are a 100% unified cult of fascists and fanatics. We on the “left” are a ragtag bunch of lunatics standing in a circular firing squad.

3 Likes

This is exactly why Biden/Harris are tied with Trump in polls. Dem’s support bullying other countries around, too, and people don’t like it. Melting icecaps demand we start cooperating with other leaders of the world. I think 2020 is the last hurrah! for Democrats .

3 Likes

Well, jeepers 1EDBenti I don’t know whether to laugh or cry to your words.
I think you probably know my position on democrats. I haven’t given up on them in general even though the gallery here knows of and excoriates corporate dems rightfully so.
I know it sounds wishy-washy to have a mixed opinion on this, but from my view the democrats are not a black or white issue.
Keep up your keen observations, I enjoy the devils advocate position as much as anyone. But that’s my outlook on dems.

2 Likes

Meh, wake me when the bailiff turns the key on the cell.
I mean on any of them.

It may not be well known, but the rural folks are embarrassed to vote Democrat, as the Democrats have no balls.
No cajones.
No intestinal fortitude to get it done. No matter what it may be.

Now you & I know the nu- school progressive congressman (mostly women)
Got the pepper. But we had to sneak 'em in when we could.

6 Likes