Home | About | Donate

Citing 'Known and Potential Risks,' FDA Yanks Emergency Approval of Hydroxychloroquine Touted by Trump for Covid-19

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/06/15/citing-known-and-potential-risks-fda-yanks-emergency-approval-hydroxychloroquine

President Gaslight.

7 Likes

Don’t take Pwesident Twump’s advice on medicine–nor on tax law, nor on property rights, nor on the sanctity of marriage, nor…Just don’t, okay?

12 Likes

I heartily encourage Trump to send an important message to his base:

Double down on hydroxychloroquine, and be sure to wash your dose back with a shot of Clorox.*

*My spiff from Clorox has nothing to do with my endorsement of their fine product.

5 Likes

I’m not sure if it applies to “hydroxy” as His Pestilency calls it, but there’s a long history of tropical visitors (numerous US military “guests”, for instance) experiencing super-weird psychological effects from doses of anit-malarials – waking up disturbed by incredibly vivid nightmares about dismembering family members with a hatchet, and such.

His Pestilency claims to have taken “hydroxy” for a few weeks, and who knows? It’s probably just the usual late-night TV-commercial sales-jive from our impressario of idiocy. But if he really did take it, and it made him even crazier, how could anyone ever know?

3 Likes

Reasonable people have known better than to use this medication, which of course leaves out trumpites.
We can only hope for a series of open air or indoor, packed house rallies.
The same people who refuse to be safe and sane just so they feel self-served, are the same ones all freaked out if someone takes a knee at a ball game.

The person who objects to taking a knee will wrap themselves in one flag or another, douse themselves with BBQ sauce, and stuff themselves into a pig thinking they will taste just fine.

1 Like

But what about the bleach?

Impressive, the FDA still lives unlike the EPA. Watch heads will roll.

3 Likes

… attendees of the president’s first rally in months scheduled for Tulsa Saturday would not be required to wear masks despite the close quarters the 19,000 expected attendees will face at the Bank of Oklahoma Center.
“The American people can make decisions for themselves,” said McDaniel, “we’re all pretty informed about Covid at this point.”

That is the same stupid argument macho bikers make for not wearing a helmet. Of course, both arguments run into the fact that irresponsible people may end up a burden on the health system when they self destruct.

3 Likes

Normal is on the bus, Anthony, with a ticket punched for far, far away. Trump’s fact-starved obsession with re-election and his toxic, racist disinterest in COVID have been careening toward each other at breakneck speed for weeks now. On Saturday, they will collide in Tulsa, and there will be a body count by July because of it.

The Biblical King David was said to have messengers bearing bad tidings killed out of hand (2 Samuel 1:15). Fearing a political version of this fate, the people surrounding Trump — in his administration and his campaign — avoid his wrath by lying to his face.

Surrounded by Liars and Lickspittles, Trump Dares COVID to Kill Him
by William Rivers Pitt
~https://truthout.org/articles/surrounded-by-liars-and-lickspittles-trump-dares-covid-to-kill-him/

Incidentally, I’m seeing more and more concern about His Pestilency’s physical frailty raised by Pitt and others – especially his right arm giving out as he tried to sip his glass in front of West Point.

~https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-trump-glass-water-west-point-20200613-dkioabuiirhz7pelj465p2j6he-story.html

3 Likes

Correct. Plus, stupidly or arrogantly ignoring Covid19 can make sick and kill others, not just oneself. So, it’s socially more negative than riding without a helmet.

4 Likes

Looks like he’s got some kind of neurologial disorder, affecting at least both his right limbs. Couldn’t raise a glass all the way to his mouth with his right hand, and toddled down the gentle ramp mostly stepping forward with his left leg and then bringing his right leg forward to that point.

Sure looks like he’s primed to topple over. Viewing these videos, and knowing his age and personal self-care practices, i’d be unsurprised if he fails to make it to the November election.

1 Like

That kind of one-sided loss of coordination is consistent with a stroke, which might be what that unscheduled hospital visit was about. Sometimes people experience little strokes overnight and don’t even notice, until after-effects motivate a visit to a neurologist.

2 Likes

Stroke was my thought too, but i hesitated to diagnose since i know there could be other causes.

1 Like

It’s a tough call for those of us with healthcare experience, but no medical training. I’ve seen stuff like this, but of course I’m totally unqualified to diagnose. I’m still not sure whether or not it’s irresponsible of me to speculate like this.

1 Like

Rhe issue of hydroxychloroquine is dependent on scientific data that is produced by proper scientific study. It has nothing to do with whether or not Trump is promoting it. The facts is there limited data showing a positive outcome in clinical treatments with this drug. The Harvard study in NE Journal of Medicine,that said it was unsafe was deeply flawed and was retracted from publication after heavy criticism of its unscientific methodology and bogus conclusions. The FDA has NO business banning the drug for covid 19 treatment. It is acting on behalf of big pharma which have a potential bonanza on vaccine development and can’t make a much on a hydroxychloroquine medication that has an expired patent and can beproduced 101 companies. This is purely an industry dictated decision and the FDA is heavily industry controlled and influenced.

2 Likes

Wow! Have we actually got an authentic trumpster in the house? This poster, who pretends to know something, evidently never heard about the landslide of international peer-reviewed studies essentially proving that hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine kill COVID-19 patients.

Trumpsters are super-sensitive on this question, because His Pestilency wound up killing a fair number of COVID-19 patients in VA hospitals, rushing into ill-advised “hydroxy” experiments on people.

5 Likes

Should the charges at tRump’s next impeachment include medical malpractice?

Are his recent problems with walking and with drinking water using only one hand due to the side effects of hydroxychloroquine?

1 Like

Since you seem to know more than FDA does about the risks and benefits of (hydroxy)chloroquine for treating Covid-19 patients, could you outline how this drug would counteract the actions of the sars-cov-2 virus in human body and how this outweighs the known potential adverse effects of the drug (which are well known when administered for conditions for which the drug is approved)? What are your credentials in fields of medicine and/or pharmacology? Or do you have a “natural ability” in these fields like tRump? Tell me, is there anything in any field of knowledge that tRump does not know? Isn’t he Jesus reborn, or perhaps Kalki?

Peace.
ths.

1 Like

It would be great if it is so.

Peace.
ths.