Home | About | Donate

Citing Willingness to Challenge Corporate Interests, Nurses Endorse De Leon's Primary Challenge Against Feinstein

Citing Willingness to Challenge Corporate Interests, Nurses Endorse De Leon's Primary Challenge Against Feinstein

Julia Conley, staff writer

Citing his leadership on progressive issues like single-payer healthcare and a willingness to take on powerful corporate interests, National Nurses United (NNU) this week announced its endorsement of Democratic state Sen. Kevin De León in his attempt to unseat longtime incumbent Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.).

Onward! Yeeeeeesssssssssssssssssss!!!

SB 562 is the cap and trade version of healthcare. Read the economic assessment. If everything works there will be an 8% cost reduction. It will cover the 9.1% of uninsured that were already included in another bill. It will privatize healthcare funding and change the medicaid contract. Not to mention the lowered standards of care. Ugh, I want my money back.

Feinstein is and has always been a POS. Her, Nelson-Fl, Kaine-Va, Joe “douchebag” Manchin-WVa, Gillebrand-NY, Blumenthal-Ct, Carper-De, Coons-De, Cardin & Van Holen-Md and probably another 5 or so of the Dems should be primaried. They all are corporate Democrats that don’t give a shit about poor & working class people.

Just getting rid of Dem corporatists (like Feinstein, Schumer, Pelosi etc.) is not a simple thing to do or easy to explain! Quoting the end of this article:

“… two senators who back universal healthcare. Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) signed on to Sen. Bernie Sanders’ (I-Vt.) Medicare for All bill as a co-sponsor last year.”

Love you Bernie, BUT! Your senate version of Medicare for All is not universal, single-payer or “for All”: The House version (HR 676) is the Gold Standard, right up there with the rest of the world offering its citizens healthcare from cradle-to-grave. Bernie, you leave out “Improved”! No co-pays or premiums (are covered by “paying it forward”, as “payroll deduction” in Social Security). No need for a separate Veterans’ system or Medicaid. EVERYONE IS IN. NO ONE OUT!

National Improved Medicare for All! is NIMA!! = (HR 676)

(House of Representatives bill) HR 676 vrs. S 1804 (Sander’s bill)

I was hoping for a strong opponent. It’s possible De Leon can come in as a solid second in the primary and have chance in the general. California Republicans will definitely go with DiFi.

hmmmmm…no mention of Alison Hartson, a Justice Democrat, being the first to challenge Feinstein. Surprised NNU didn’t endorse her. So it looks like an establishment Dem is going up against a conservative Dem, with the real Progressive being shoved aside?

It is sickening to talk about healthcare as “too expensive,” while Congress votes more & more-even unasked for-money “for defense.” It is Welfare for the MICC–no much is too much–but healthcare? not so much.

Also, looking @ the murderers in Congress,topped by McCain, @ 7 3/4 MILLIONs in bribes from the NRA.

We truly have become/are nation THAT WORSHIPS DEATH.

The Nurses are powerful; mebbe they can start the ball rolling towards affirmation OF LIFE.