Home | About | Donate

Claiming Clinton Actually Won, Three Florida Voters Sue for Recount

Claiming Clinton Actually Won, Three Florida Voters Sue for Recount

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

Three Florida voters have launched a recount effort in their state, suing on Monday for a hand recount of all paper ballots and alleging the state's official presidential election results were incorrect due to hacking, malfunctioning voting machines, and other problems.

Election outcomes are not determined by the popular vote. They are determined by the Electoral College. This is a convoluted system that few understand (Google it). This is why we have had a number of presidents who did not win the majority of the popular vote. In a nutshell, the Electoral College is described as "the group of people who actually elect the president of the United States."

I was first old enough to understand what people meant when they called for ending the Electoral College system when I was in elementary school, some 50 years ago. I don't expect to see that happen. Those who have the power the change this system are the very people who have benefited from it.

I don't get it.

I mean, I know what the Electoral College is, but I don't get what it has to do with this article?

Not only that, millions were screwed off the voters list by a Republican program called CrossCheck: