Home | About | Donate

Cleaning Up Hillary’s Libyan Mess

Cleaning Up Hillary’s Libyan Mess

Robert Parry

Hillary Clinton’s signature project as Secretary of State – the “regime change” in Libya – is now sliding from the tragic to the tragicomic as her successors in the Obama administration adopt increasingly desperate strategies for imposing some kind of order on the once-prosperous North African country torn by civil war since Clinton pushed for the overthrow and murder of longtime Libyan ruler Muammar Gaddafi in 2011.

The same prescription for change the USA and NATO allies pursued in Libya is being promoted in Syria by the same powers.

As such , I can not for the life of me , accept that these destabilizations followed by those regions falling into the hands of "terrorists" is not exactly what these entities wanted.

This less a cleanup effort than it is an effort to ensure Libya remains a client state and one that in essence little more than a Colony of the nations wishing to reimpose the latest version of 19th century Imperialism on the World.

I have read the Clinton emails and in those mails several goals were desired among them

End the move towards creating an African currency based on gold. Mission accomplished.

Gain a greater share of oil profits from Libyan oil so they flowed to corporations rather than fund social programs. Mission accomplished.

End the Libyan attempt to become self sufficient in foodstuffs through the creation of its massive water projects and shift the control of water resources to the private sector. Work in progress but well on its way.

Reassert Western domination in the region as was the case during the days of colonial Africa through the insertion of military forces. Mission in progress. These latest maneuvers part of that strategy.

Unabashed water-carrier for the MIC and its arsenal of Arms' designers:

"The aftermath of the Clinton-instigated “regime change” in Libya also shows how little Clinton and other U.S. officials learned from the Iraq War disaster. Clinton has rejected any comparisons between her vote for the Iraq War in 2002 and her orchestration of the Libyan war in 2011, saying that “conflating” them is wrong. She also has sought to shift blame onto European allies who also pushed for the war."

This, of course, belongs on Mrs. Clinton's resume and cannot be stated often enough:

"Clinton may claim she has lots of foreign policy experience, but the hard truth is that much of her experience has involved making grievous mistakes and bloody miscalculations."

The caveat, however, is that these policies of naked aggression are hardly perceived as mistakes to the MIC and weapons' contractors. These "joined at the hip" diabolic entities BOTH rely upon war; thus spreading war guarantees their longevity... and profits! (Along with the post-military careers of many generals.)

As such , I can not for the life of me , accept that these destabilizations followed by those regions falling into the hands of "terrorists" is exactly what these entities wanted.

I think you meant to say is: "NOT exactly what those entities wanted."

Corrected:)

Think about it in simple terms. Most of our leaders are simply murderers. Do you think they would have any reservations in killing Bernie or anyone else who gets in their way?

The simple truth is Gaddafi transformed Libya for the people & secular state with many advantages for its citizens & North Africa!
"The NATO overthrow was not for the protection of the people, instead it was to stop Gaddafi’s attempt to create a gold-backed African currency to compete with the Western central banking monopoly"!

http://www.globalresearch.ca/libya-from-africas-richest-state-under-gaddafi-to-failed-state-after-nato-intervention/5408740

Gaddafi was demonized in the propaganda tool that is the US media, but he accomplished great things for the Libyan people. All the reforms and social programs and democratic government was destroyed by "Clinton's War" - The West/NATO destroyed Libya, and Hillary was in it up to her neck!! Her comment: "We came, we saw, he died" she joked & laughed on Gaddafis brutal murder - a depraved comment from a person unfit to lead! "Experience"? NOT the kind we need or want!

http://www.countercurrents.org/chengu120113.htm

The US has destroyed whole nations and societies in the ME & NA while at the same time we support, arm and finance the most racist war criminal in the region - the perpetrator of pre-meditated crimes against humanity to further the theft by force of territory under occupation!

Hillary is not the tool of the MIC, she (and the MIC for that matter) are the tools of international banking interests. (See "War is a Racket" by two time medal of honor winner General Smedley Butler)
When Saddam Hussein offered to take payment for petroleum in other than US dollars he stepped on the third rail of international political stability--dominance by central banking interests of people, resources, and geography by currency manipulation.
Gaddaffi did the same thing with his proposed pan African currency proposals based on the gold backed Libyan Dinar and the silver backed Libyan dirham.
Libya discovered that there was something much more valu8able than oil under its sand--there was an abundance of water that literally could turn the arid north central African francophone countries (Libya, Mali, Chad, and Niger) into the blooming garden it was before Rome ecologically destroyed the region millennia ago.
This was the unpardonable sin for which Gaddaffi and his plans for pan African currency union had to be destroyed and his considerable horde of tons of gold and silver had to be confiscated.

Think of this the next time you watch "the Hillary" giggle about "we came, we saw, he died.." The scenario I have detailed above is that about which this very amoral lady is giggling.

" Clinton pushed for the overthrow and murder of longtime Libyan ruler Muammar Gadaffi."

Correction. Clinton was ordered to overthrow Gadaffi, she only was following what she and Obama were ordered to do. They are only puppets that were allowed access to political power because the economic elite enabled it. They only did what they were told to do by the criminal cartel that really runs the Amerikan Empires foreign policies; otherwise, they would not have been allowed political access to power.

My only problem with the article is a sadness that it will never make its way into widespread circulation. The media's role is to control the US population by making it appear that our leaders are generally smarter and wiser than we the people are. Ergo, for example, the pulling back of the curtain by Snowden, Assange, Manning, etc is treated high treason, because it reveals the incompetent wizard behind it. And, thus, we can't have an honest accounting of our foreign policy stupidities, because that would get us questioning just who it is is making all those stupid decisions.

Hillary Clinton brags about her experience. But experience is worthless if you don't learn from it.

Clinton bragged about Muammar Gadaffi's death. She said "We came, we saw, He died". The Democrats don't stand up to the Republicans. The Republicans bragged when Ted Kennedy died. None of the Democrats brag when Republicans die. When Bill, Hillary, Chelsea & Marc die, the Republicans will be bragging. I was glad when Jesse Helms died.