Home | About | Donate

Climate Campaigners Applaud Biden on Vow to Pull Plug on Keystone XL Permit

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/05/18/climate-campaigners-applaud-biden-vow-pull-plug-keystone-xl-permit

He also would not pardon Trump.

Biden just “set the hook” lets see how many he lands in the boat.

7 Likes

The steel pipe is from India.
Sits in Mississippi mud field.
Please check metalurgy before installing.
At creeks and rivers, use double pipe to avoid pollution
if the inner pipe corrodes, ruptures or is distressed.
The space between the inner pipe and outer pipe is labeled ‘annulus’.
This zone has a slight vacumn. If tar sand oil enters this, an alarm
goes off, pumps are turned off and valves close. This limits damage
if outer pipe is also compromised.

Our local gasoline price has risen $.70 per gallon over the past two weeks.
Wrong way, Corrigan, if we want economic recovery.

Stay safe, windows open and enjoy outdoors. The house bound quarantine
should have advised outside time.

It’s a start. Now how about a commitment to end fracking and to implement Medicare for All…

2 Likes

Great…this is the kind of global leadership we need and that the Biden Presidency will restore. tRump has trashed America long enough.

GOOD START, VICE PRESIDENT BIDEN

I’ll see it when I believe it.

6 Likes

What, in his fifty years of politics, leads anyone to believe he is telling the truth? Hope & Change 2.0 with a serving of rape on the side. He needs to announce his preliminary cabinet nominees now. If it includes bank, oil and pharma execs then at least he’ll confirm what we already know to be true. Larry Summers is 10x worse than Paul Manafort and even Trump was smart enough to dump him.

5 Likes

Depending on which site you frequent, or which “progressive” (/s) Talk show you listen to - could be a lot
In any case this will start showing up as a ‘selling point’ in those places. THere are even some here already in the boat LOL

4 Likes

IF he mouthed the words, would you buy it?

After 40+ years of the opposite, now turn on a dime - I wouldn’t

5 Likes

W-H-Y do I not believe him?

4 Likes

Well, it could be because in the end, he won’t be the nominee, and the actual nominee will embrace big oil just like they always have? So anything he actually says is just window dressing.

2 Likes

So now tell me who actually made that decision for Biden. He doesn’t have enough gray cells left to complete a sentence, let alone make important decisions. hXXps://medium.com/@caityjohnstone/stop-calling-it-a-stutter-here-are-dozens-of-examples-of-bidens-dementia-symptoms-b010c8e6b45c

3 Likes

That’s a pretty safe position to take when the price of oil is in the tank.

2 Likes

That made me laugh. Thank you. So true.

3 Likes

Wow we are like $2.60/gal in SoCal and NO traffic!

Do any of us believe that Jon Queally is really this stupid? Do we believe that he is really so stupid that he thinks that Skinny Joe Biden, who has been a lapdog, errand boy, and bagman for the Elites who rule over us, for his entire long career, is now going to transform himself into a hero of climate change activism?

And great news, folks, AOC herself has agreed to help head up Skinny Joe’s ‘progressive task force’, which is a group of stupid idiotic fools who will form up into a committee that will “sit and talk into a hole in the ground”, (CaitlinJohnstone), while Skinny Joe makes vague meaningless ‘promises’ that anyone other than a complete idiot knows full well are complete stinky BS that he will forget before he even arrives at his next meeting with his ‘handlers’, who are all handmaids to the Elites that rule over our lives.

What do we suppose are John Queally’s motives? Surely nobody could really be this stupid. Why is he willfully fashioning himself into a step-and-fetch-it servant to the Elites that rule over us?

5 Likes

LOL.
He already forgot he made that statement.

2 Likes

It’s crumbs. Why celebrate a “promise” to not approve Keystone XL when there are hundreds of leaking pipelines running through the US, thousands of fracking sites, thousands of oil drilling sites? Besides leaking liquid hydrocarbons into the ground and leaking methane as a result of extraction, the combustion of fossil fuels causes CO2 to rise and global warming to continue & accelerate.
Joe Biden CANNOT reduce America’s carbon footprint because the DONORS will not allow it. Biden and the Dem Party are wedded to their donors who are their true constituents, not us.

4 Likes

That’s a cold thought - and well within the realm of this rabbit whole we are falling through

1 Like