Home | About | Donate

Climate Campaigners Praise Gov. Inslee's 'Spirited Commitment' to Action, While Calling on 2020 Candidate to 'Continue to Push the Envelope'

Climate Campaigners Praise Gov. Inslee's 'Spirited Commitment' to Action, While Calling on 2020 Candidate to 'Continue to Push the Envelope'

Julia Conley, staff writer

Climate action groups applauded Washington Gov. Jay Inslee as he became the first 2020 Democratic presidential contender to commit to a 100 percent renewable energy system, as part of the climate action plan he released on Friday.

Groups including Food and Water Watch, Friends of the Earth, and the Sunrise Movement offered praise for the ambitious goals Inslee outlined in his proposal and said they were eager to see if he'll build on the plan.

I know Bernie will be hard pressed to choose a female for his VP, but I would prefer to see it be Inslee for his commitment to climate change action.

Great to hear that some of those with power are stepping up and addressing reality.

Why not a “green” WPA program funded primarily by severely reduced and redirected military spending and increased taxation on the super wealthy? Just a thought.

A very good thought!

1 Like

As much as I like Jay’s climate agenda, unfortunately, I would argue Jay has no chance for POTUS and it seems to me, that the best progressives can hope for is if Mr. Inslee is given a cabinet position of Secretary of Energy… if a progressive candidate wins in 2020. But if Biden is selected in 2020…FORGET IT!

though he is unlikely to get the nomination Governor Inslee deserves respect for calling attention to the climate change issue, both in his campaign and as Governor of Washington.
That said, we know there is no such thing as “clean energy” - they all have real impacts, and I hope he promotes schemes to use less - thru efficiency, a conservation ethic, active transportation and better land use, and, slowing the growth of human population.