Home | About | Donate

Climate Crisis Be Damned, "Shale Revolution" Poised to Make US Net Exporter of Oil in Three Years

Climate Crisis Be Damned, "Shale Revolution" Poised to Make US Net Exporter of Oil in Three Years

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

The United States is pumping out so much oil as a result of the so-called "shale revolution" that it's set to become a net oil exporter in 2021.

That's according to the International Energy Agency (IEA), which announced the projection Monday in its five-year forecast. "U.S. production growth has exceeded expectations," the analysis states.

2 Likes

Selfish, short-sighted, and NOT going to happen.

3 Likes

Greta Thunberg-The moral voice of our time.

Peace
Po

1 Like

So, if you were looking for a worst case scenario for climate chaos, this report should fill you with joy.

If not, you should be scared shitless – a slo-mo train wreck is going to pick up speed even sooner.

4 Likes

The US with Trump, Pompeo, the poisoned mustache and the department heads of DHS, ED, etc… has become the junkyard dog version of a nation on the global stage. Dollars to donuts the entire scam is a ploy to keep the over leveraged financial inversion going for 5 more years by creating activity voids to sell, repackage the debts, resell again ad infinitum (sic)… Second bet is that the scam collapses in 9 months, tops - giving it a gestation period mimicing that of the human jack a$$e$ begetting it ( a kind way of saying that which is being taken from behind on its alter of destruction).

1 Like

I wish I had your confidence that our selfish, short-sighted PTB will back off of this plan. But I won’t hold my breath.

Blacklist politicians supported by oil and gas. The destruction of life on earth is a crime.

2 Likes

Our sociopathic oligarch overlords - I never thought I’d actually watch Nero fiddling while Rome burns.

1 Like

And no mention of the increasing number of earth quake occurrence in and near fracking sites. Insanity on a grand scale.

2 Likes

How Geoengineering Threatens to Entrench Fossil Fuels and Accelerate the Climate Crisis

The report, Fuel to the Fire: How Geoengineering Threatens to Entrench Fossil Fuels and Accelerate the Climate Crisis highlights how the urgency and scale of the climate crisis are being exploited to push ideas like carbon dioxide removal (CDR) and solar radiation management (SRM)—once relegated to the fringes of the climate debate—into the mainstream. It examines the fossil fuel industry’s long history and continued role in the development and promotion of key geoengineering concepts and technologies and exposes the numerous ways these technologies serve to protect the industry and promote new emissions from fossil fuels.

1 Like

What was that saying: ‘Where there is oil there is smoke’ or something like that. The fact is, there is no ‘energy independence’. The US would not be lining up Venezuela for looting if the US was not a significant importer of oil. The problem with fracking shale is physics … only light oil comes out.
Path of least resistance, useable for gasoline but not diesel, oil coke, a lot of petrochemicals, etc. Think Canadian tar sands pipe line and Venezuela Orinoco heavy oil deposits … think billions in oil welfare money for down hole drilling you and I pay for. Dreaming of sugar plums and ‘oil’ independence.

1 Like

What the IEA is making is a projection, a forecast of the future. Nothing says that it has to happen. Of course, it is up to people in their behaviors and actions do that will determine the course of energy in this country. If you’re worried about let say a little thing called climate change, well you’d better start matching your behaviors and actions with your caring.

1 Like

This junkie extracts rather than injects.

Without intervention, the result will be the same, for all concerned.

1 Like

Walk to work. Walk the kids to school. Bike. Bus. Vacation in town. Move near work. Encourage others to do the same. Could the protesting kids start a no-cars- to-school routine? Not a protest for what others should do–what they should do. Listening, Greta?

OK, I agree, it will be tough to cut the supply. Cut the demand. Yeah, geoengineering sucks.

1 Like

Oil exportation has nothing to do with “oil independence” and “energy security.”

Why, do you suppose, have all the Oil exporting countries sooner or later been heavily involved with terrorism? Is that also going to be the future of the US once we achieve the status of exporter? Seems so.