Home | About | Donate

Climate Denier Trump Can’t Handle the Tuth About Why Central Americans Flock to U.S.

Climate Denier Trump Can’t Handle the Tuth About Why Central Americans Flock to U.S.

Will Bunch

Let’s stipulate right here that President Trump doesn’t understand a lot of things, even as he enters his 28th month in charge of the massive bureaucratic battleship that is the U.S. government. But no issue has flummoxed our rage-prone 45th president more than the rise in unauthorized crossings at the U.S.-Mexico border -- even after promising his xenophobic base that his harsh immigration crackdown would make America great again.

Of course Trump can not handle the “tuth.” He can’t handle the truth either.

2 Likes

There are very few of the wealthy leisure class and/or any politicians that can handle truth or telling the truth. Don’t expect Trump to since Hillary never could, nor Obama, and W couldn’t find truth if it was in his pocket, and certainly Dick Cheney sure hates anything smacking of truth that goes against his psychopathy… Then we could keeping going back and there is Pres Bill Clinton the Republican in Drag and and HW Bush the son of a Nazi Supporter and ex-Head of the Assassination & Lying Squad…oops sorry the CIA, and of course nobody could leave out Reagan the Alzheimer President in the can’t-tell-the-truth department…since his brain just plain didn’t work right. Shall I keep going back in time or is my point made?

Neocon/neoliberal, it doesn’t matter the label the end result is pretty much the same. We have a political system that is Two Faces but One Party, One State. The system isn’t broken, it is doing exactly what it was set up to do. Keep the wealthy elite in power and riches and the rest of the serfs fighting among one another for the leftovers…

Anybody else real tired of the charade? I know I am.

sealintheSelkirks

2 Likes

Hi KC2669: Maybe it’s a BIG vampire “tuth,” that he uses to bite into the Constitution
and suck all the life out of it.
Although, I make enough spelling errors to confound readers all by myself too. It’s what brains do so well, provide what’s missing in a word so we can figure out the meaning even if letters are missing. : )

1 Like

Hi SealintheSelkirks : yes we appear to have just 1 major party and not 2. Many players are all currently hiding behind “centrists,” Perhaps we should combine them into one party as they function so well together in a corporate kind of way.
We now have just one big, greedy and sellout group, and I can’t decided what to call them: “republicrats,” or the demicans, . : (

Trump is well aware of climate change. His application for planning permission to build a sea wall at his County Clare (Ireland) golf course - explicitly cites global warming and its consequences.

He knows that the combination of Climate Change and US policies in Central America will create a flood of refugees and an ongoing crisis at the southern border, one that he can exploit for his political ends - straight out of the Dictators playbook. His calculations are brutally cynical and amoral; using the predictable consequences of climate change to stoke xenophobia and fear. Meanwhile he will buy the “Right to Life” vote and simultaneously buy the “Right to Kill” vote. Put enough of these voting blocks together and we are stuck with the bugger.

1 Like