Home | About | Donate

Close-Fisted Wealthy Nations Are 'Failing the People of Syria': Oxfam

Bomb their homes and families, then refuse to help when they run from the bombs and death.

And just how well are the "wealthy" nations taking care of their own people in desperate need? Homelessness, poverty, food deprivation, cannot pay for utilities (freeze in their homes), no shoes or clothing, no health care...we need to look at home while finding solutions for those in need abroad. Ponder how many people would be helped by the cost of one drone or one missile or one tank or one aircraft let alone a fleet of ships or squadrons of warplanes.

There is money to made with war so that is where the investment goes. Humanity be damned.

Let us not jump too quickly to blame the "wealthy" nations for this callous situation. I can only speak for the US but bn the whole I believe that a large percentage of us do want to help the people our past "leadership" has uprooted by the destabilization of the Middle East. It is not the people who are causing this trouble but those who put profit over human life that are to blame. When such a huge percentage of a nations GDP is siphoned off by a few and their spoils are protected by a lax tax code where is the funding of this additional relief effort to come from?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I believe it started as a Civil War: Pro-democracy protests erupted in March 2011 in the southern city of Deraa after the arrest and torture of some teenagers who painted revolutionary slogans on a school wall. After security forces opened fire on demonstrators, killing several, more took to the streets.
The unrest triggered nationwide protests demanding President Assad's resignation. The government's use of force to crush the dissent merely hardened the protesters' resolve. By July 2011, hundreds of thousands were taking to the streets across the country.

What if the whole northern part of the US moved to Canada prior to the Civil War instead of fighting it?

Arabs should take Arab speaking people and people who believe as they do:
Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them.

Quran (8:67) - "It is not for a Prophet that he should have prisoners of war until he had made a great slaughter in the land..."

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers….”

Mature men are allowed to marry prepubescent girls.
The Quran in Sura 65:1, 4

This is not compatible with the US Constitution!

You are correct the US is no longer a rich nation!

In the US the 47% has become the 56% of working people unable to pay enough taxes to cover their use of services and all services are becoming more expensive. We are becoming a poor nation because we import poverty with reproductive habits beyond what we can support.

The Congressional Budget office estimates Household in the bottom quintile received $29,015 in benefits & paid $4,251 in Federal, state and local taxes. (Income $20,262 mean $11,239)
In the second quintile household received $24,709 in benefits & paid $9,524 in Federal, state and local taxes. (income top $38,820 mean $29,204 )

So you are saying that AMERICAN violent extremists started the Civil War in Syria.
They are coming here to CONVERT not to assimilate:
51% of U.S. Muslims polled also believe either that they should have the choice of American or shariah courts, or that they should have their own tribunals to apply shariah. Only 39% of those polled said that Muslims in the U.S. should be subject to American courts."
center for security policy . org/2015/06/23/...

I don't think the Bible is any better! What I quoted is right out of the Quran. I said nothing! This is what they believe.
Slave-girls are sexual property for their male owners.
The Quran in Sura 4:24

A husband has sex with his wife, as a plow goes into a dirt field.
The Quran in Sura 2:223

Husbands are a degree above their wives.
The Quran in Sura 2:228

A male gets a double share of the inheritance over that of a female.
The Quran in Sura 4:11

A woman’s testimony counts half of a man’s testimony.
The Quran in Sura 2:282

A man may be polygamous with up to four wives.
The Quran in Sura 4:3

A Muslim polygamist may simply get rid of one of his undesirable wives.
The Quran in Sura 4:129

PERHAPS this is good for YOU! It is NOT good for women in general and is an Impingement on my CIVIL and Constitutional RIGHTS as a women in the US cause I have NO plans on moving to Syria!

Christians believe in the words of Christ NEW testament. Jews believe in the Torah which is the Old Testament. Two different books - 2 different religions as Christians do not observe ANY of the Jewish holidays and Jews do not believe in Christ so they don't celebrate any Christian holidays.
Don't call self-preservation BIGOTRY! You are the silent bigot against women - better known as a SEXIST!

EXACTLY: US Commission on Civil Rights Member: Illegal Immigration Accounts for 40% of Decline in Black Employment

"Despite strong demand for immigrant workers, their growing supply and concentration in certain occupations suggests that the newest arrivals are competing with each other in the labor market to their own detriment," said the report's author, Rakesh Kochhar, a senior research associate at the Center.

This is what too much Immigration had done to California:
‘’33% of the nation’s welfare recipients are Californians – even though California has just 12% of the nation’s population. California taxes are 42% higher than Texas.

Several hospitals, including ones in Stockton (40% Hispanic & Bankrupt), CA and Dallas, TX, report as many as 70% of their deliveries are to nonUS-residents. Similarly, the parents of infant citizens still qualify for welfare in order to protect the child.
huffingtonpost
54.4% Hispanics enrolled in Special Education in California
kidsdata. org
1% of California’s taxpayers pay 50% of the state’s income taxes.

52,673 US 2007 Household Income INCLUDING CA
52,250 US 2013 -$423. US Drop in Household income between 2007 and 2013

62,280 California Household 2007 They have their OWN Inflation going on.
60,190 income 2013 - $2,090. California Drop in Household Income between 2007 and 2013

5 TIMES larger drop in household income in California than the rest of the nation.

Only 4,000,000 jobs have been offshored. In 2010, 8.4 million undocumented immigrants were employed in the United States. These are the jobs they took that Americans HAD and Wanted:
The PEW HISPANIC study:
19% of illegal workers were employed in construction jobs,
15% in production, installation and repair, and
4% in farming.
17% in cleaning, and
12% in food preparation.

Unauthorized migrants tend to be concentrated in specific jobs: They represent 36% of all insulation workers,
29% of all roofers and drywall installers, and
27% of all butchers and other food-processing workers.
These are the domestic jobs that displaced 8,300,000 US CITIZENS.

Steve Jobs sold US workers down the RIVER!