Home | About | Donate

CNN Host Faces Backlash for Pondering Whether Ocasio-Cortez, Tlaib, and Omar Endorsements Are 'Too Urban' to Help Sanders

I dig Tulsi, but she had a bad debate performance last night.

Also, I don’t like her stances on abortion or MFA.

1 Like

Someone forgot to tell John King that John McCain died.

1 Like

Ayuh. And what are Graham-Leach-Bliley-Clinton up to these days, anyway?

3 Likes

Urban vs rural…Bullshit, the problem with both parties is they are owned outright by the conservative ruling power elite through the citizens united ruling, which was put in place for the very purpose to allow rich conservatives to buy, own and control our government to increase their wealth. Until American citizens are willing to stand up and remove these supreme court rulings that promote corruption there will be no democracy only ownership by the rich.

7 Likes

Funny, nobody mentioning Lizzy here, but she was certainly the focus of CNN’s narrative arc i.e. she’s too lefty, dishonest, what Biden said…“vague” to be electable. The Ocasio-Cortez text functioned as a grenade to this narrative which essentially had already sidelined Sanders as an old likeable daddy fuddy-duddy.

Alex, can I buy two hyphens?

Graham-Leach-Bliley-Clinton-Klobuchar-Buttigieg (there, fixed it for you) are clinging like barnacles to neoliberalism. The first three call it “trickle down” or “supply side,” the second three call it “meritocracy.”

4 Likes

John King another worthless rich elite among a pack of them. They are all out of touch and marinated in their own ego trips. Their bias and spin
Is every bit as ugly as Fox News.
Please DNC, no more “debates” on CNN.

4 Likes

The meritocracy in Minnesota, and elsewhere, is called The Mayo Clinic and all of its’ spinoffs, etc.
Klobachur represents them quite well, too. She actually weakened the original ACA.
In Indiana, The South Bend Buddha, is really fronting for his rich hipster buddies in Silicon Valley. South Bend is just his tree house, so to speak. ( I wonder if his house is full of comic books and wizard hats. )

4 Likes

Did anyone else notice that the issue of the global climate emergency was completely thrown under the bus, except for a few passing references? This is disgusting.

6 Likes

Did you catch her mealy mouthed dog whistle to her right wing supporters on abortion rights last night?

2 Likes

Bullshit. Gabbard met publicly with Modi, and she congratulated him on his first electoral victory.

There is NO actual policy or statement of Gabbard’s that indicates she is a “big fan” of Modi. You’re just grabbing mud you saw, and you are flinging it.

1 Like

In South Bend, Mayor Pete distinguished himself – as he did during last night’s debate – as a dogged believer in the fierce urgency of incrementalism.

In Minnesota, most of the water flowing under bridges is the overflow from Amy Klobuchar watering down big ideas into half measures.

6 Likes

I think the pistol, packin, mama from my state put it best: " how is that hopey changey thing workin out for ya".

3 Likes

Once again I thought the network was trying to sideline Sanders and Warren - focusing on all the others and Biden. I don’t know about anyone else but I found Klobuchar and Buttigieg repulsive - almost worse than Biden. Who created her? Biden has always been able to make his case whereas the anchors are always trying to put Sanders and Warren on the offensive and pit the others against them. For some reason Harris always seems like she took some kind of serious relaxant before the debate and is ready to fly off the hook if not under some restraint. Warren has said that she supports Sander’s plan for medicare for all and she seems to be the only one doing that.

1 Like

They were both at their repulsive worst.

1 Like

Actually think that EW is too clear on what to do with Wall Street, monopolies and big tech. They don’t like what she is saying and what she will probably do if elected.

2 Likes

“Too Urban “?
No Mr. King your too corporate , too capitalistic ,to MIC and too arrogant to get what is really needed for the people and the planet.

6 Likes

I would caution against putting too much faith in what Liz says about MFA.

She uses weasel words to skate around a definitive stance.
Weasel words are her trademark. She was attacked on that basis three separate times last night.

2 Likes

Very, very clear analysis of the reality!

I like what I hear her saying. She sure beats Klobuchar, Biden or Buttigieg.

2 Likes