Home | About | Donate

Coal in 'Freefall' Worldwide, Report Finds

Coal in 'Freefall' Worldwide, Report Finds

Nika Knight, staff writer

The coal industry is in "freefall" worldwide, the latest annual survey from environmental groups Sierra Club, Greenpeace, and CoalSwarm finds.

Yeah, Trump-how are you going to bring back coal, and those coal jobs, that you promised to bring back?
Lots of poor, decent, needy folk were suckered by your "carnival barker" sweet talk. I wonder just when are you going to have to tell them you are a liar? Oh wait-in your mind, in your alternate-universe, you are telling the "truth".

American coal miners should be demanding that Trump create jobs for them in alternative energy fields. He should be talking American corporations manufacturing solar and wind, installation jobs and creating the alternative energy infrastructure that would boost our economy. It is obvious that even if Trump succeeds in keeping the coal zombie on its feet that the creature wouldn't last long after Trump is gone.

The difference is between permanent jobs and long term employment in the various alternative energy fields or a few short years at artificial jobs that disappear as soon as Trump is out of office.

Apparently alternat truth is just as hard to swallow as reality is. This begs the question of why bother. I imagine that the thinking is that by the time it is sorted out you can be off to another venue and it is no longer your worry. Surprise, surprise, this gig lasts four years if you do not Really suck at it. Donny, I got a feelin that you are gonna be lookin for another carnival to tout before the paint dries on the new Air Force One.