Home | About | Donate

CodePink Wants to Bring Giant 'Baby Trump' Blimp to DC for July 4th Protests

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/06/12/codepink-wants-bring-giant-baby-trump-blimp-dc-july-4th-protests

“With Trump slated to hold a large ‘Solute to America’ rally and deliver a speech on the National Mall…”
Is this misspelling of “Salute” the White House displaying its ongoing intention to diss America, or further escalation to dissolve it completely?

1 Like

Trump is undeniably an idiot and immensely unfit for ANY position, let alone POTUS.

But all previous “adults” in the White House since 1942 (when FDR authorized bombing of German cities) have supported mass murder around the globe and the unchecked expansion of the gluttonous U.S. Corporate-Military Empire.

We need, but never will have, leaders who strongly support justice, a livable planet, and compassion for all people.

1 Like

I agree that we need leaders better qualified to be good stewards of our planet and it’s people, however, I will not say we will “never” have them here.

If you’ve read any of my comments here over the course of the last 2 years, I have been one who is constantly pointing out the as long as 95 to 97% of those who vote continue to do so for the two corrupt corporate political parties that dominate our politics, we are pretty much f#€k£d.

There is however one alternative.

A people’s revolt.

This can take many different forms.

We have been witnessing one form in Hong Kong just within the last couple days. Also, France has seen revolt, Brazil, and Venezuela.

I still have faith in the American people overall, even if they seem to be oblivious to the damage they do every 2 to 4 years in the voting booths supporting the two corporate political parties that are selling off America.

As my days above the ground grow shorter, I become more and more cynical that Americans will ever wake up to how their decisions help to destroy what’s left of our Democracy.

Humans as a whole dislike admitting their mistakes.

Especially humans that have for decades, a lifetime if you will, supported the Empire building political parties that dominate in D.C.

1 Like

I think it ought to be in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade!

2 Likes

Here in under 10 minutes Chomsky shows how the duopoly has gotten us to this point:

We need dozens of these flying in all places that would have them.
I guess many of us are waiting for the revolution parade to file past our homes so we can join in.

1 Like

The Brits might not lend us their blimp for fear that Trumpsters might use it for target practice.