Home | About | Donate

Colleges Flush With Cash Saddle Poorest Students With Debt

Universities only care about current and future donors.

For-profit education is coming to the nation. No longer is education a method to grow our nation, but to make citizens interest slaves to get an education. Corporate thieves/opportunists, and hedge-fund billions are plying politicians with campaign-contribution cash to speed the transition to a for-profit model, and "charter schools" are a prime mechanism to push that agenda forward. What kind of nation allows education (like health care and the energy sector) to be dominated and controlled by greed and usury to enrich a few? A nation that"s been subverted by vulture capitalism and usury! Politicians of both parties are complicit to this money-making scam. Education for a nation and society must be universal and NOT for-profit, it should be guaranteed for all, like health care. Vulture capitalism and greed are destroying our nation and unity!

http://www.truth-out.org/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=5898:congresswoman-accepts-money-tied-to-forprofit-colleges-then-touts-schools-efficiency

The beauty of capitalism! /s

A tangent but related nonetheless by the investments in the endowments. Rotate the societal perspective 90 degrees to kids who enlist in the poverty draft.
POGO
DoD Buying From Everywhere but America

Excellent! but it goes a lot further. The biosphere will not survive capitalism.

I've just started Hudson's book. It's good to be among like minded individuals.

Apparently, poor people whose student debts have accumulated are now having their Social Security checks garnished.

And something else just showed up in my inbox, and I don't see another likely article for it, so I wanted to call it to somebody's attention. Seems there's a policy update from PayPal with this ominous new policy:
"Person to person payments will not be available for payments sent from Puerto Rico after October 30th" WTF? I mean I don't live there but these people are US citizens. Or perhaps we should consider them human guinea pigs for the ultimate in 'austerity?'

True! but unfortunately many people still worship it as "capitalism' . Your comment should wake up a few.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

You are absolutely correct curmugon. The exploitation and pollution of Mother Earth/Gaia and decimation of many/most of her other creatures and habitat, for money - profits above all else - is an accelerating atrocity and abomination. greed and the corrosive influence of big-money on government has created a threat that evades common sense and a sustainable future. Our societal directions and values are dominated and controlled by those who control or seek vast wealth and/or power, those with little or no understanding or respect for The Wild or sustainability, only exploitation as an end in itself - that includes other people used as wage and interests slaves or fodder for the global war machine. Those of knowledge, empathy and integrity who seek to build a better future with all that implies are diminished and marginilized in our corrupt political charade. It's refreshing to see a person like Jeremy Corbyn gain such public suppport in the UK. Keep the faith!

"Only when the last tree has been cut and the last river been poisoned and the last fish caught will we realize we cannot eat money"
-- Cree Native American Proverb

"We are the most dangerous species of life on the planet, and every other species, even the earth itself, has cause to fear our power to exterminate. But we are also the only species which, when it chooses to do so, will go to great effort to save what it might destroy" -- Wallace Stegner