Home | About | Donate

Colonialism Dies Hard: Clueless Oil Pipeline Officials Seek Thousands of Acres of Virgin Native Lands In Exchange For Beads and Trinkets

Colonialism Dies Hard: Clueless Oil Pipeline Officials Seek Thousands of Acres of Virgin Native Lands In Exchange For Beads and Trinkets

This summer, after five years of steadfastly maintaining an encampment built to resist up to eleven proposed oil and gas pipelines through traditional unceded territory, a group of indigenous Unist’ot’en people have faced escalating police and industry challenges to their occupation, from drones to helicopters to surveyors seeking access. In the most recent visit, Chevron officials showed up seeking entry. In return, they presented an "offering" - of bottled water and tobacco. Really.

This is the best thing I've read in days. Can Chevron be this clueless and delusional? Ah, don't answer that ?.

OK, Plan B; we go with Red Bull and E-cigs.

Awesome! Not too much out there makes me smile but this does. Keep up the good efforts. I am so going to donate to this group. http://unistotencamp.com/?p=935

Are we awake?

chessboard? what chessboard?

Seriously?! A 12 pack of water? I envisioned, from reading the article before watching the video, that they had a pickup truck full of gallon cases of water. Stupid AND cheap!! SMDH...

Indigenous Peoples appear to be the only ones left who understand the significance of sustainability for future generations.

The typical assumption by many ignorant westerners that an Indigenous person has no education, wisdom, or critical thinking skills. Hard to believe this type of abysmal gaucherie can happen in the 21st century.

Aho to that! Now if we can just get the so-called "first world" nations on board with what the First Nations people have been trying to tell us all along....we might have a future.