Home | About | Donate

Combatants For Peace: It Won't Stop Until We Talk

Combatants For Peace: It Won't Stop Until We Talk

With the toxic Bibi circus in town - cue talk of "tentacles of terror" and "march of conquest" - find hope in the extraordinary efforts of Combatants For Peace, a joint movement of Israeli and Palestinian veterans of the ongoing cycle of violence who have laid down their guns to fight for peace. Led by a former IDF soldier and Palestinian militant who both lost daughters to the conflict's "unrightable wrongs," they insist on the need to "hear what is painful" and "talk to your 'enemies'" to move beyond hate and fear. "For the memory of our children, we go one...Partners for peace always exist - you only have to look for them."

May peace prevail.

The chain reaction of evil -- hate begetting hate, wars producing more wars -- must be broken, or we shall be plunged into the dark abyss of annihilation.

Dr. Martin Luther King.

I hope this gains momentum. People meeting, face to face, talking and working to mend fences, especially those who have fought and seen the nightmare gives me hope.
* Veterans for Peace and Iraq/Afghanistan veterans against the war, along with other veterans groups is a step in the right direction, but it is going to be an uphill struggle in the current Koch government.
* If enough Israeli and Palestinian veterans and victims can pull together, at least some of this madness may end. With luck, so may Netanyahu, choked to death on his own bile.
* I hope we can all support this movement, it is one of hope.
Salaam Alaikum, Shalom, Pace, Peace!
;-})