Home | About | Donate

Community to Lawmakers: Stop the Showcase of Military and Surveillance Technology in Alameda County

Community to Lawmakers: Stop the Showcase of Military and Surveillance Technology in Alameda County

Nadia Kayyali

Disturbing displays of military and surveillance equipment being used by state and local police have become commonplace.

The dearth of commentary on this matter speaks volumes.

Where are all those "revolutionaries" who insist that Mr. Sanders is an "establishment candidate." Surely these firebrands don't abide by the "there's nothing to worry about, if you have nothing to hide" pervasive creep of The Police State?

Busy arguing Mr. Sander's alleged flaws, they are mute on the growing proof of fascism in our midst.

Great run down Nadia...one of my big gripes is how little reference or spotlighting is done on the incredible influence which marketing plays in this intel saturation advance and subsequent erosion of our very very basic rights to privacy.

I say the 'free market' and advertising manipulations now being employed by the likes of the companies you mention and additionally the likes of Raytheon, GE, Microsoft and the many other software and hardware developers milking the government/taxpayer coffers must be stopped IN THE NAME OF THE LAW.

It is all warmongering through fear and as we all know when humanity is involved in the emotions circulating around fear, any abilities to even entertain rational thought are lead balloons.

Now about the publicly admitted 'lost' TRILLIONS via DOD itself...well, gosh Ollie, I cain't figure out what happened to our country fer the life of me.

Does that happen a lot where you have posted? Maybe people have lost interest in your attacking and insulting people simply for being male or for having their own opinion?