Home | About | Donate

Confirming Dangers of FCC's Net Neutrality Repeal, New Study Shows Telecoms Throttling YouTube, Netflix, and Other Apps

Confirming Dangers of FCC's Net Neutrality Repeal, New Study Shows Telecoms Throttling YouTube, Netflix, and Other Apps

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

An ongoing study first reported by Bloomberg reveals the extent to which major American telecom companies are throttling video content on apps such as YouTube and Netflix on mobile phones in the wake of the Republican-controlled Federal Communications Commission repealing national net neutrality protections last December.

1 Like

Profit Before People.

2 Likes

Democracynow.org is my homepage but I have not been able to access it. Has anyone else experienced this? I will be calling them.

I guess they haven’t noticed that the people are goddamned sick and tired of corruption and corporate rule. There will be consequences to this greedy behavior.

Stop abusing the American people!

1 Like

Seems OK now G.

I downloaded the app. There is a consent form that anyone using the Wehe app should read through first. It’s standard stuff, nothing wierd. I had an app before that did something similar. Think I’m going to give it a whirl. Maybe sending the info will help. As for throttling, I don’t have an option I’ve seen yet that allows me to purchase faster net speed (bandwidth) from my carrier. So not sure how to not be throttled if/when it occurs. So, not sure how all this works financially. But will start researching more.