Home | About | Donate

Confirming the Obvious, Gingrich Says 'Drain the Swamp' Was All Talk

Confirming the Obvious, Gingrich Says 'Drain the Swamp' Was All Talk

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

President-elect Donald Trump's campaign trail refrain of "drain the swamp" was "cute" while it lasted—but don't expect to hear much of it from here on out, Newt Gingrich told NPR this week.

He did not 'drain the swamp', but rather scrapped the bottom of the unethical barrel.

Why would anybody believe anything Trump says? It should be a given that he is lying until proven otherwise. How does he retain any credibility while lying all the time? Marco Rubio nailed it during the primary, Trump is a scam artist. Mainly people on the far right and on the far left seemed to fall for his lies. The majority got it right and voted for Hillary Clinton, to a large extent to keep Trump out of office

Anyone who voted for Trump was scammed. Anyone who voted for Clinton was scammed. The election was a charade.

I assert that NOBODY on the "...far left seemed to fall for his lies." Just as they didn't and don't fall for Lrx's pro-Hillary cheerleading.

"A lot of what Mr. Trump was saying to get votes turns out to be not what he intends to do as the president of the United States."

This is a major problem with the US's flaunted but fraudulent 'democracy' (actually plutocracy).

If a candidate running for office can say that he intends to do something if elected, but then, after being elected, does the opposite, and is not sanctioned for doing so, we will continue to be governed by liars.

Fines, imprisonment and loss of office for such people would be perfectly logical and just, while permitting them to continue to lie makes democracy impossible.

Oh the irony! I remember an old Twilight Zone where aliens landed on Earth and gave us a book to translate whose title was "To Serve Man." Wow, what a good thing! To serve man! What a great thing these aliens promised! Only "To Serve Man" was a cookbook. The "swamp" Drumpf referred to was US. We are on the menu in the little cookbook created by the wealthy so that those who already have everything can have MORE. Read the "Declaration of Independence."

"We hold these truths to be self-evident:

That all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; that, to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed; that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness."

It won't be long until the white trash realize that they have been conned.

Yes the election was a charade, but that never surprised me because like I have posted before; all POTUS are not elected, they are selected before the American public is given the delusion of an election.

The only exception that I can think of was JFK who was also selected but turned on his selectors and in their panic that they were in jeopardy of losing much of their political power,( the oligarchy; the CIA; Hoover and the FBI; the MIC; ect.) had him assassinated because they knew Johnson was their boy, which proved to be true.

Elections have been heavy on fake news ever since I started voting nearly a half century ago and the fake news just keeps getting faker.

Although many of the past five POTUS appointees have been tantamount to mafia hit men, Trump is the first to appoint mafia dons or godfathers.

Did any "journalist" ever ask Trump what he actually meant by using the words "drain", and "swamp"?

Of course not.

Can you please cite for us some prominent examples of these far lefties that "[fell] for his lies?" I have yet to find any of these "far left" strawmen I've seen you reference several times in your posts.

We only THOUGHT he said "drain" the swamp; what he actually said was "MAINTAIN" the swamp.
And of course make it bigger, deeper, muckier, and full of bigger crocodiles.

Don't count on it. For certain mindsets, cognitive dissonance is all powerful.

Yes, your probably correct. Also, the propaganda machine will probably switch the blame to individuals who are innocent.

The art and science of blaming and punishing the victims while praising and rewarding the perpetrators keeps becoming more refined with each US election cycle. Its all part of fake news, a glowing example of Murkin sepshunalism.

Maybe some who voted for Clinton were scammed, but progressives who convinced themselves getting a hard right con-artist elected was going to be better for "trade," "war," or whatever nonsense were just fools. And yes, they existed all over CD.