Home | About | Donate

Confirming Women's Experience of Harassment, 'Troll Patrol' Study Reveals Twitter Flooded With Misogyny and Abuse

Confirming Women's Experience of Harassment, 'Troll Patrol' Study Reveals Twitter Flooded With Misogyny and Abuse

Julia Conley, staff writer

A crowd-sourced study by a leading humanitarian group and global artificial intelligence company confirms that women around the world face abuse when using Twitter—and that without the social media platform's commitment to combating such treatment, pervasive online abuse will continue to have the effect of harming and silencing women, particularly women of color.

And then there’s just plain being ignored.

The people who are cloistered in their protected upbringing and do not see those that they don’t know as human project their pain on to the others as abuse.

There is absolutely no doubt that women are denigrated on social media forums. But that is a symptom of the above malady.

I wish study was broader.

There that old expression “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.” that applies here.

TWITTER and other social media platforms where these fools voice their beliefs is one where removing all doubt that one a fool will go the grave. Turn it around and identify those behind the tweets for the idiots that they are.

Playing into the hands of the CORPORATE MILITARY POLICE STATE! I see all kinds of FREE SPEECH being shut down in the name of “decency”.

It is so important to understand HATE and challenge it in the open-----and most of all to understand the driving forces behind this HATE! Its also important to understand other people’s culture --and yes to use our voice to challenge people on their beliefs-----but not to silence people who have a different view of the world.

But if we taught people about their natural rights that would be a start—The responsibility of INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM & THE COMMONS.

The US bombed Somalia the other day and the only place I heard about this was on PBS Newshour.