Home | About | Donate

Congress Must Move Beyond Partisan Politics and Act on Zika

Congress Must Move Beyond Partisan Politics and Act on Zika

Gabriela Lemus

For the past few months I’ve observed with great concern the slow progression of a devastating pandemic. I had hoped that the whole nation would focus its attention on the health crisis as well, but it’s been a distracting year so far. The Zika virus has slowly closed in on American shores. The Center for Disease Control announced that as of last week, 7,350 cases have been reported in the United States and on Puerto Rico.

Give the congress critters the choice of being parachuted into Miami (along with any child-bearing age progeny), Baton Rouge, or the California wildfires and make it snappy.

Thank you Ms. Lemus, for this stark and alarming summary of the Zika crisis, thus far. Just as with war and the draft back in Vietnam days, if THEIR children had to be drafted/exposed in their home towns to the Zika mosquito, government would be getting the funds voted post haste. It is ironic that prevention of these microcephalic babies being born, by the investment in vaccines and mosquito control, will be much less costly to society than letting this crisis grow, and threaten even the children of Congress Members. Where is our representative government when we are in dire need of it?

It's tragic that thinking persons (and those with titles) so readily accept government narratives, especially those that represent either outright war, war on nature, or war on brown skinned poor people (here and abroad).

Why doesn't Ms. Lemus ask herself why it is that Zika has been known for 40+ years while the brain deformities are new. Does this suggest a direct correspondence between the two?

Are we living in times where authority can or should be trusted?

Authority figures FIXED the case FOR war of aggression against several Middle Eastern nations (without any penalties ensuing).

Authority figures likely set up the False Flag that opened the door to foreign wars and the reciprocal rescinding of many precious, hard-won Civil Liberties.

Authority figures insisted that citizens would bail out the banks to create a "recovery." In reality, there was no recovery other than a massive shifting of wealth to the very top of the fiduciary paradigm.

Authority figures have done precious little to prepare for global warming cum climate chaos.

Authority figures LIED about massive spying on citizens.

Authority figures played verbal jujitsu with language in order to bring Torture back into the prison gulag's playbook (and practice).

Authority Figures show little response when Black kid after Black kid is gunned down and virtually no redress is offered to the Black Community.

And on and on.

Zika is a ruse! It's a ploy to hand vast sums over to pesticide companies and/or Monsanto.

Meanwhile, the state of public health in the U.S. is abysmal.

Probably 50% obese.

Probably 10% with Diabetes.

Probably 10% using drugs, alcohol, or antidepressants DAILY.

One in two projected to wrestle with some form of Cancer.

And how many deaths from guns or car accidents?

Etc.

With results like the above produced (if not orchestrated) by the above "experts" it's time to question whatever they are selling and the Cover Story that goes with it!

Paid shill is it? Reinforcing the case for spraying with pesticides?

Why not read up on what REALLY caused the microcephaly.

From the perspective of karma, any who shill for a war crimes corp. like Monsanto are asking for blow-back in their personal lives.

Spreading panic is not good medicine, Dr. Lemus. There are alternatives to government boondoggles like spraying poisons and releasing GMO mosquitos. Your piece plays into the hands of unscrupulous people standing to make millions by keeping us frightened and easy to fleece.

By chance, are you employed by Florida Governor Rick Scott?

Gov. Scott’s undisclosed interest – via First Lady – in Zika mosquito control company

http://www.floridabulldog.org/category/florida/department-of-agriculture-and-consumer-services/

Big thanks for pointing that out...
It gets harder every day to know anything for sure, but IMHO you are a whole lot closer to the facts than the author.

QUESTIONS TO START ASKING:
1. Is where I am living safe now and will it be safe in the future?
2. Is the work that I am doing now sustainable? essential? needed? barter-able?
3. Do I have a local food supply system that will be available when the current food stores have no food on their shelves?
4. Will the government be able to save my community?...(Think Katrina, Baton Rouge?)....
5. How far from the coast do I live....East coast, Gulf coast, WEst coast?

Is my community self-sufficient and resilient?--if not, how can I contribute?

We no longer live in the same world in which we grew up....Things have really changed.
newmessage.org