Home | About | Donate

Congress Should Be Ready to Arrest Attorney General Barr if He Defies Subpoena

Congress Should Be Ready to Arrest Attorney General Barr if He Defies Subpoena

Robert Reich

On Sunday, the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee threatened to subpoena Attorney General William P. Barr if he refuses to testify this week about the Mueller report.

But a subpoena is unlikely to elicit Barr’s cooperation. “We’re fighting all the subpoenas,” says the President of the United States.

In other words, according to Trump, there is to be no congressional oversight of this administration: No questioning the Attorney General about the Mueller Report. No questioning a Trump adviser about immigration policy.

1 Like

the photo of agbarr on the cover of this article, barr looks just like one of the “ruling” pigs of the novel “the Animal Farm” right down to the squinty eyes and the drooping jowels! and, he seems to think that he is MORE equal than the rest. where is the ending of this criminal, fascist nightmare of the ugly republican/fascist trump shit house!

3 Likes

Gee, wonder what happened to all those checks and balances that were taught in my high school civics class? Yup, right up there with democracy, freedom, all men are created equal and all the other bullshit brainwashing I endured as a student. This isn’t a government. It’s nothing more than a board game for corporations and billionaires. George Bush got at least one thing right when he claimed that the Constitution is just a piece of paper. Congress arrest Barr? Dream on, Reich.

2 Likes

Using the refrain Trump used at his Rallies:

LOCK HIM UP.

4 Likes

I just about barfed up breakfast this morning as NPR’s interview with Dubya Regime AG Alberto Gonzalez came on the air. Seeking Gonzalez’ opinion on Barr’s behavior is tantamount to seeking Clyde Barrow’s opinion on Al Capone.

If Barr is not held in contempt of Congress the Trump Regime will be empowered to the extent that you should not waste energy paying attention to or voting in the 2020 election…Trump will have it in the bag.

1 Like

Lock him up.

4 Likes

All of the little piggies are refusing to show up. As well as the head sow better known as Barr.

What a load of crap coming from this Clinton patsy. Keep up the Russiagate nonsense it only helps assure the reelection of Trump. Why are you not speaking out against the illegal and immoral coup attempt in Venezuela? The so called opposition to Maduro lynched another dark skinned Venezuelan yesterday. See Ben Norton on twitter.

This whole episode smells a lot like KABUKI to me

The Duopoly is playing black belt, ninja, 3d chess - and we (the 99%) are the opponents

I DESPISE what our corrupt political system has become. I personally feel that the word ‘conservative’ is a cover for what is basically a lack of ethics and empathy. I have witnessed the vast majority of all sitting legislators accepting bribe money for votes. I also think Trump as President is laughable at best and extremely harmful at worst.

That being said: What the Democrats are doing IS a witch hunt. It is a political stunt aimed at what they mistakenly believe will win them the election. They mistakenly believe that they can ‘go after Trump’ instead of instituting a progressive agenda. They think that if they continue the charade long enough in front of the cameras that the voters will forget that they are jobless or penniless or lack decent health-care or housing they can actually afford. They think that voters won’t notice the millions in bribe money or the fact that lobbyists are the ones responsible for the ‘bills’ put forth by our supposed representatives.

This corruption is widespread in both parties and we must DEMAND that the Democrats get to the business of representing the majority, not the minority 1% of citizens.

1 Like

If Barr doesn’t show up for congressional hearings fine 50,000 bucks per day or jail. Donny would be happy to fork out 50K per day for you, and a pardon later on.

My cynicism allows me to wonder if this is a retirement payoff to Barr for his criminality.

I already hold Barr in contempt.