Home | About | Donate

Congressional Democrats’ $15 Minimum Wage Bill, Explained

Congressional Democrats’ $15 Minimum Wage Bill, Explained

Rachel West

Last week, Democratic leaders in the Senate—including Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Patty Murray, and Charles Schumer—announced legislation to raise the minimum wage to $15 per hour by 2024.

More evidence of the disparity of wealth. A country who has to pass a bill to guarantee its citizens enough to live on is a failure that should be rectified in the next election.

NO, $15.00 an hour ....not until 2024, mind you, S.T.I.N.K.S....
S.T.I.N.K.S...!!!
this is obviously a "cover" to make it look like - "yeah, we hear you, you little peasants - we care"
"here's a few pieces of crumbs...not even whole crumbs, but pieces of crumbs" --
to SHUT YOU THE HELL UP! ( to keep people from taking to the streets, and I mean REALLY taking to the streets)....
this author even admits it "JUST" keeps a family out of 4 out of poverty...
how wonderful...
and I read the whole way that the poverty statistics is established is WRONG, and should be
re-adjusted...
what is this : to keep people (barely) out of poverty so it looks good on paper for the demoRATS
in mid-term and four year elections?
I make $20.74 an hour, and I am struggling., struggling to get by in the NYC Metro area....
The hourly minimum wage should be $20.00 N.O.W....you got that Sanders Sheepdog/??
and increase it yearly after that....so that I would imagine it would be close to $30 an hour in 2024..
probably no great shakes then either, but it is a hell of a lot better than $15 in 2024...
how's that??? ***NOTE: this piece is written by someone who works for the "Center for American Progress" ....started by Podester: who worked in the CLINTON AND OBAMA ADMINISTRATIONS...
in other words: NEOLIBERALISM....
need I say more???