Home | About | Donate

Coronavirus and the Death of 'Connectivity'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/03/24/coronavirus-and-death-connectivity

My most hopeful dream is that the author is correct. Models based on Marxism and feminism will bring the human equality (gylany) that many of us desire. However–and there’s always a however with a plan like this–the Patriarchy will fight tooth and nail to prevent this change. At 73, I’m getting to that stage of being considered a senior citizen. I want to help though. I don’t know what I can do, but I want to do something. Any ideas out there?

1 Like

As an Elder, share your wisdom with the young. Cultures used to have this means of continuing knowledge into the future. Elders formed councils that pondered the problems of the group. Elders taught the ways of life to the young. By doing so, they kept the past knowledge alive to provide a base for the future. All of us are standing on the shoulders of our ancestors, regardless of the lack of education about the past.
I heard a frustrated owner of a press operation saying he could easily manufacture necessary medical supplies, but he needed molds. And all the molds were over in Asia. I could hear the tears in his voice. Forty years of outsourcing have come home to roost.

1 Like

Yes, the question now is: Will we finally learn from our mistakes?