Home | About | Donate

Coronavirus 'Immunity Passports' Are Not the Answer

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/05/18/coronavirus-immunity-passports-are-not-answer

For those demanding some good discussion of immunity issues from a civil-rights perspective, this is it. What more can I say?

The authors mention scientific doubts about whether immunity even exists for this disease. From Laurie Garrett’s Plague book I just heard a story about HSV-II (genital herpes virus) which really challenges some assumptions about immunity. It turns out the most vulnerable to HSV-two are those who have developed antibodies to (usually less dangerous) HSV-one, because two plays devious games with the the one antibodies to sneak in – the clever bastard. Then it can burrow so deeply into nerve tissue that it doesn’t painfully and contagiously emerge for years.

Most delusional are half-assed speculations “the vaccine” for COVID-19 will be “much like regular vaccinations for the flu” – when nothing about this coronavirus organism resembles the fraternal society of flu viruses. As a species, humans are prone to hubris. USAmericans: off the chart on hubris. Our collective desperation for “the vaccine” smothers us so completely we’ve hardly noticed the epidemiological implications of what’s happening aboard the Teddy Roosevelt (thirteen sailors almost immediately reinfected). News stories I see treat it as a military issue: When will they be able to float this boat?

I think we’re gonna need a bigger boat.

2 Likes

‘As governments the world over seek ways to jumpstart economic activity, one proposal is a so-called “immunity passport” that would allow certain people who test positive for COVID-19 antibodies to return to work before others.’

Perversely, that might give some the incentive to go catch the virus with the hope of a successful recovery (and hope to not infect anyone vulnerable within their orbit) to earn their Immunity Passport, which I shall just call the “Golden C”, with a nod to Nathaniel Hawthorne. As I went through the virus in March, I can’t wait for my badge to show up in the mail, if this comes to fruition before the USPS is dismantled.

1 Like

Being at the top of the org chart for 150 essential workers I made sure our recently crafted COVID-19 safety plan assumes all 150 are carriers and I expect that no revisions will need to be made to that plan as long as Trump, Moscow Mitch and their organized crime syndicate disguised as the GOP are in charge.

Any reader that is willing to trust Trump “tests” or become a de facto beta tester for Trump “vaccines” please raise your hand.