Home | About | Donate

Coronavirus Is Exploiting an Underlying Condition: Our Epidemic of Insecurity

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/03/19/coronavirus-exploiting-underlying-condition-our-epidemic-insecurity

3 Likes

So many decision makers are so detached from Nature as to be naive as to the potential to overcome Her. They may “wow” as they fly over Her on their jets, or cruise past Her shorelines on their yachts, or zip down Her slopes toward their ski lodges, but that ain’t getting to know Nature. Do they know what earth freshly turned by worms smells and feels like? Have they slid through guano lined caves? Have they peeled the moss off of trees to see what is underneath? Perhaps as children, but these are traits that should never be outgrown because when they are one becomes detached from Nature and the fallacy of Control takes root in one’s mind and poisons it beyond all hope. The indigenous leadership largely was grounded in Nature’s realities and was obedient to Her guardrails. Modern lifestyles have allowed denial of Nature’s bounds beyond belief for generations, but humankind is finally hitting the wall and Pacha Mama is calling for a timeout in oh so many ways. Human nature needs to be replaced by Human Nature if there is to be any hope, in my humble opinion.

2 Likes

Dr. El-Sayed would be among my top candidates for starting/leading a progressive third party.

1 Like

Definitely a brilliant guy and he certainly did great as a candidate in the Michigan Governor’s primary. Up until Super Tuesday, I was thinking of him as a cabinet member in the Sanders Administration.

3 Likes

This has to be one of the best articles of the week. Thank you.

He would also make an ideal HHS Secretary.

1 Like