It looks like it is time for the CIA to engineer another 9/11 and Anthrax false flag operation to whip the American people back in line. There are just too many people asking questions and rising up against their betters.
Yep! I've been expecting another black op for several years. It has certainly worked well in the past. Tonkin Gulf and 911 to name a couple.
* In the Neocon's paper, Project for a New American Century [PNAC], as they discuss the needed Full Spectrum Domination of the world by the US through military and financial means, after laying out a battle plan of world conquest and pointing out that the American People must make great sacrifices to build up its Wehrmacht to be able to fight multiple major wars, they say that the only thing needed is for a new Pearl Harbor to bring the people into line.
* Can you say 911? I knew you could.
* One of my major worries over the past few years is that nuclear armed cruise missile that the Air Force lost in Florida a few years ago.
* My guess is that it will either be used to start a war between two countries, or more likely a "liberal" city in the United States will be hit as an excuse to launch an attack on "X", whomever that may be at the time.
* Herman Goering pretty well explained what is going on now, and why.
* "Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same for any country."
Herman Goering to Gustave Gilbert at Nuremberg, 18 April, 1946
Actually, I remember reading that or a similar quote in The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich when either the invasion of Austria or the Sudetenland was being contemplated. Would have to have been '38 or '39. But you are correct. I believe that there is nothing that is out of bounds to our masters. The murder of 3000+ at the WTC was a drop of blood in the bucket to what followed.
Once trust in the Administrators of the people's government is broken I think it nearly impossible to trust them again.
"Fear mongering (or scaremongering or scare tactics) is the use of fear to influence the opinions and actions of others towards some specific end. The feared object or subject is sometimes exaggerated, and the pattern of fear mongering is usually one of repetition, in order to continuously reinforce the intended effects of this tactic, sometimes in the form of a vicious circle."
Intended effects of this tactic: keep the public in line with supporting perpetual war while giving up their Constitutional right to privacy and the war profiteers (banks, energy extraction groups, investment firms, Boeing, Halliburton, Blackwater, BP...to name a few) rake in billions in profits. Human lives are simply collateral damage, which is to be expected according to their rationale.
It is called the Shock Doctrine an idea from Naomi Klein.
Patriot Act.....Cut it's head off and drive a stake through the heart.
Not just Florida but Minot/Barksdale. I'm sure the PNAC crowd has more than one nuke stashed for false flags.
"Powerful private families decide who controls the Federal Reserve, the Bank of England, the Bank of Japan and even the European Central Bank. Money is in their hands to destroy or create. Their aim is the ultimate control over future life on this planet, a supremacy earlier dictators and despots only ever dreamt of."
F. William Engdahl in his book "Seeds of Destuction"
"This world is not run by The Presidents or The Prime Ministers, it is run by the global corporations and the banks. For it is these entities that control the money supply and it is these entities that decide which country lives or falls."
The Daily Bell, 2012
I'm not sure what Nadia Prupis expects that the New York Times should have done. Is she upset because the NYT quoted anonymous sources, or because there was no rebuttal to what those sources said, or both? Does she expect that the NYT should no longer protect its sources with anonymity? That might vastly reduce their number of sources. Does she feel that the NYT article should have argued against these statements by anonymous White House sources about the Patriot Act? That's a job for the Op-Ed writers, isn't it? If the NYT had quotes from those who oppose the Patriot Act, something they said in reaction to the anonymous quotes, that could have been included. But it's not the job of the NYT reporter to write the arguments against what his sources are saying to him because again, the article was straightforward reporting by a journalist and NOT an Op-Ed in the Times.
And bury it at a crossroad with its head between its legs. Then, maybe...
The gist of the article is that the government sources are propaganda and not reliably checked for legitimacy. The paper becomes the arm of the government, spewing this trash out to the public, which is not credible journalism. Accuracy is more than just reporting a source. Content checking is essential.
We should let the New York Times sunset. It has long outlived its usefulness.
God, I hope not!
You are so right, Cyn. There is another article this morning that the US is going to up its annual tribute to Israel from three billion to four billion, apparently as an apology for inconveniencing Israel's desire to go to war with Iran.
* This, of course when the US cannot feed, house or provide decent medical care for its own people. And, we're pouring more billions into revamping and upgrading our own nuclear weaponry. The MICC is really raking it in these days, isn't it.
Thankfully, almost miraculously, the very next day, the Times Editorial Board, overruled Julie Hirschfeld Davis, and clearly said, "Let Patriot Act Provisions Expire", as the headline of an unequivocal anti-fascist and anti-Empire editorial stance against this Disguised Global (crony) Capitalist Empire merely 'posing' as our country!
To paraphrase a famous line of Robert Frost's, "There is something that does not love an" Empire --- and that something, thank God, is now the New York Times.