Home | About | Donate

Corporate Media Largely Silent on Trump’s Civilian Death Toll in Iraq

Corporate Media Largely Silent on Trump’s Civilian Death Toll in Iraq

Adam Johnson

Earlier this week, human rights group Amnesty International issued a lengthy report accusing US-backed forces of “repeated violations of international humanitarian law, some of which may amount to war crimes,” in Mosul, Iraq, causing the deaths of at least 3,700 civilians. Neither this report, nor the broader issue of the civilian toll in the US war against ISIS, has come close to penetrating US corporate media.

The British Independent is reporting at least 40,000 civilian deaths in the “liberation” of Mosul. That’s on top of hundreds of thousands of injuries, displacements to desert concentration camps, the fouling of the environment, destruction of the nation and economy, etc.

To attribute these massive crimes against humanity to Trump is a totally false reading of recent history. This latest slaughter began with Bush 1, was followed by the Clintonian sanctions that may have killed a million, was passed on to Bush 2, accelerated/decelerated by Obama and inherited (with glee) by Trump. This is US, as in U.S. Own up to it.

How do you spell…

**Collusion?

Word crimes trump war crimes

Ever watch any of these evening “news” programs----its like watching one of the disaster shows–what was happening in Mosul was getting almost zero coverage. These conglomerates ABC,NBC,CBS should not control the public airwaves. I would allow local news programs on these public airwaves-and I mean locally owned------and why is it that a person has to pay for cable to watch Congress?

This is one thing Trump has right -fake news-the corporate media is largely silent on anything important.And I would like to give DN credit for pointing out that this war against Isis is really an extension of the Iraq war.
The corporate media need to be broken up----SUPPORT THE COMMONS!

Excellent article, as usual, by Adam Johnson, revealing, to an unfortunately small audience, how today’s ubiquitous Corporate Media Framing gets us, and keeps us, as a Nation, where we now are.