Home | About | Donate

Corporate Media Still Waiting for Trump to Knock Over a Bank

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/09/29/corporate-media-still-waiting-trump-knock-over-bank

2 Likes

Naureckas sez:
“The rise of the right-wing media machine allowed Republicans to create their own self-serving fantasy world—and the rules of the centrist establishment meant that that bizarro version had to be incorporated into the consensus media reality.”

The more things change, the more Edward Bernays remains the same …

Bernays sez:
“The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society."

As well as in non-democratic society, apparently.

3 Likes

The US is now a kleptocracy on the verge of neofeudalism wherein the 1% own everything and the 99% are destitute.

Writers like Orwell and Asimov always believed that is was far easier to control the masses than it was to control individuals.

1 Like

Let’s keep in mind, for Nancy, and Steny, and Tom Perez to even consider a truly aggressive impeachment regimen Trump would have to be caught, on multiple cameras, with audio, robbing a bank, shooting the teller and raping the security guard, then taking a shit in the lobby, and wiping his ass with the American flag.
Let’s just say I have no faith in the hapless Adam Schiff or the little wimp Jerry Nadler. If this can be fucked up, they will fuck it up.
Nancy and Tom Perez’s plan is plainly obvious. They want to keep Trump in office, defiling himself and everyone else around him through the 2020 election cycle, believing that he couldn’t possibly win re election. That way the democrats can run whatever center/right Clintonian sycophant they want and not have to listen the cries of the electorate to be more progressive. They thought the same thing in 2016. How’d that work out for ya?

1 Like

If Trump robbed a bank and was caught on video I can see his reply to the judge when he is asked: “Mr. Trump how do you plead”? " Innocent your honor". Judge " then who is that picture on the banks video"? “Your honor, that fellow in the video looks nothing like me”!