Home | About | Donate

Costs and Climate Be Damned, Rick Perry Seeks to Prop Up Coal, Nuclear Plants

Costs and Climate Be Damned, Rick Perry Seeks to Prop Up Coal, Nuclear Plants

Trump's Energy Secretary is "simply doing the bidding of the fossil fuel industry," says Sierra Club's Mary Anne Hitt

1 Like

It’s kind of hard to get mad when someone who is so clearly a doofus acts like the dimwit he is. I blame Trump for this–he knowingly saddled us with Perry and Carson, two individuals who struggle to put coherent thoughts together.

2 Likes

Nuclear is fine, but coal has got to go…

Need to replace all that imported electrical power with domestically generated electricity.–
those nasty Canadians can’t be trusted

How about a little fine Three Mile Island for ya backyard, Scarecrow?

1 Like

Elites are scrapping the bottom of the barrel for candidates and this has long
been the case. Basically, we are being governed by criminals and they also
control our MIC/CIA/NSA.

1 Like

Can you imagine Rick Perry in “charge” of anything higher than National Dogcatcher? President Slump has got to be exposed for all of these appointees who are made in light of their inexperience, Perry though holds a special place in my heart for Major Dunce,

1 Like

WTF, i thought stupidity had a lower limit!

1 Like

How do we oppose these bastards and get rid of them FAAAAAAAST!

"environmental advocacy groups who says it’s based on an erroneous argument and spells bad news for customers and the climate alike. (from the article)

Is that the best you can do - “erroneous” ???

‘Were we just too stupid - or on some level did we not think we were worth saving’ (Age of Stupid)

That’s closer - and nuclear is not OK:

Sorry, nuclear is not fine with me. We’re not smart enough to deal with the waste or melt-downs.

2 Likes

So let me get this straight…Rick Perry wants guaranteed returns (profits) for plants that are too obsolete to be competitive. Boy, these so-called “Free Market” guys want it both ways, don’t they?
Heads they win, tails we lose! They have no allegiance to anything but $$$$$$$$, and white male supremacy.

1 Like

And the fact of nuclear waste: What do you propose we do with it?

The fact that this is Indian Land and the rape continues on what little territory the indigenes have left poisoning their land, water, skyrocketing cancer rates, how does it figure in your support for nuclear energy?

http://www.republicoflakotah.com/2010/native-americans-bear-the-nuclear-burden/

1 Like

Here is a factoid. All Dutch electric trains since Jan., 2017 are powered by wind energy. Dutch electric 100% wind powered trains provide 5,500 train trips daily, commuting 600,000 train passengers daily, with one windmill running for a hour can power a train for 120 miles. Furthermore, the Dutch national railway company NS states that they hope to reduce the energy used per passenger by a further 35% by 2020 compared with 2005. Hey, the sooner we cart these criminals from the Trump Crime Syndicate off to their very own super max prison cells, we here in America will also have our very own 100% wind powered electric trains, and so very, very much more.