Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Home | About | Donate

Court Says Ohio's Voter Purge is Illegal, But Will Rolls Be Restored in Time for Election?

Court Says Ohio's Voter Purge is Illegal, But Will Rolls Be Restored in Time for Election?

Lauren McCauley, staff writer

In a decision said to be a "big deal" for voters in a crucial swing state, a federal court on Friday declared that Ohio's practice of purging millions of registered citizens from its rolls is in violation of national voting laws.

The Ohio voter purge is an example of why it is so important that people check or get assistance to check their voter registration status with local boards. Are they listed as registered? Are they STILL listed as registered. Keep checking up to the election. Also, what is their precinct? Where is their polling place?

Greg Palast is worth reading and seeing his films. How this kind of behavior can be accepted in a socalled democracy is incredible. Hat do these officials actually do that is useful? A bit like the police with their constant interference in normal lives to destroy them.

"...will rolls be restored in time for election?"

Let us guess.

The article states that in the case that purged voters are not restored to the rolls, that they be allowed to vote provisionally and those votes made to count; one would have to ask how they would verify that those provisional votes would be counted and not thrown in the waste bin as is normal procedure?

The article states that in the event that voters are not restored to the rolls, they should be allowed a provisional vote and that vote be counted.
How could the voter verify that his/her provisional vote would indeed be counted and not thrown in the waste bin as is common practice?

I hadn't heard of this particular strategy before, but I can say that the voter suppression tactics to date have effectively targeted the poor. (The majority of US poor are white, incidentally.) This is because, before the Clinton wing took power over the Dem Party, Democrats had represented the poor and middle class, workers and the jobless, for the common good. There is no need to rely on these tactics for the current election cycle, as we have a choice between two anti-poor, corporate multi-millionaires, or voting third party.

It's precisely because those votes tend to "disappear" that many people wouldn't bother trying to cast a "provisional" vote.

It's been "business as usual" since the Reagan Revolution.

The real election fraud in this country is the republicans they are the biggest frauds of all...Corporate peons.....Puppets on strings.

Court Says Ohioā€™s Voter Purge is Illegal, But Will Rolls Be Restored in Time for Election?

This is news? It's not just Ohio.

DHF is committed to denying the significance of racial bias in every realm. Maybe she is just a Trotskyite and can't help herself. All she can recognize is economic class. But the poor of West Virginia, Maine, Nebraska, overwhelmingly White States, don't face the hurdles which are elsewhere placed on poor Blacks, Hispanics, even Native Americans.

Yeah, racism-denying class-reductionism is an ugly phenomenon - it can be found in lots of places besides the Trots though. And to say that Hillary Clinton and Trump are the same regarding campaign positions - and track record - regarding the poor is nonsense.

Maybe you don't know this, but thanks to Republican gerrymandering that gives rural/small town districts inflated dominance over urban areas of Cleveland and Cincinnati, the legislature and executive offices of the State of Ohio are dominated by the far-right.

And if the Democrats and Republican are the same, you really need to inform the Republican voters of that fact - becasue they sure don't think so.

And the current power center of the Democratic Party is what? Not comprised of corporate peons?

The real election fraud in this country is the republicans they are the biggest frauds of all...Corporate peons.....Puppets on strings.

What a stooooopid retort.

So let's try this again shall we? So the current movers and shakers that comprise the political power center of the current Democratic Party don't hold corporations as their most important constituency, like Republicans?

You went down the road of personal insult, with your "But you keep floating in your little bubble." comment.

That's what I classified as "a stooooopid retort".

Lets review in one post, our discourse, shall we? Okay good.

You wroteā€¦

I wrote in responseā€¦

And the current power center of the Democratic Party is what? Not comprised of corporate peons?

(note, I asked you two rhetorical questions directly related to WHAT YOU HAD WRITTEN)

You write in responseā€¦

It is not the democrats pushing for all these crazy voter laws....But you keep floating in your little bubble.

Then I wrote in responseā€¦

What a stooooopid retort.

So let's try this again shall we? So the current movers and shakers that comprise the political power center of the current Democratic Party don't hold corporations as their most important constituency, like Republicans?

And then you write in responseā€¦

The article was about voter fraud........You want to talk about corporations....We all know corporations are screwing up our political process on both sides....You happy now......BUT Republicans are leading the way on voter suppression and ID and early voting changes...Every rule and law that got them fairly elected and they have the gal to say voter fraud... to create some problem and then create a solution in the name of voter fraud....PROOF that republicans are without a doubt the biggest frauds of all in our democracy....They fear voter backlash and change laws to keep them in power thats all it is....They are cowards to run on rhetoric instead of issues ...liars cheats,con men.frauds.

You've got some chutzpah. So you bring up corporations, specifically identifying republicans as "the biggest frauds of allā€¦Corporate peonsā€¦Puppets on strings".

How can you possibly make such a comment without the appropriate qualifier about Democrats.

Pardon the hell out of me for asking for a clucking clarification.

You can take your insults and ________.

Got it?

Oh go cluck yourself. By the way, at the word "troll" I stopped reading.

I don't take people like you seriously. Your first post to me was an attack, in response to me asking two rhetorical questions.

And it is always posters like you, who then pull out the "ad hominem" complaint, or the "trolling" complaint.

Bugger off.

You made no complaint about Trolling eh?

Now go troll someone else with your contrived outrage.

Damn, made you out to be a liar.

Bugger off.

edit....damn forgot to add the quote that makes you out to be a liar

you said..

> Now go troll someone else with your contrived outrage

see edited post there buddy

maybe this time you will get it you ....