Home | About | Donate

'Cowardly' and 'Shameful': Critics Say Trump Refusal to Release Mid-Year Economic Forecast an Obvious Election Year Ploy

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/05/28/cowardly-and-shameful-critics-say-trump-refusal-release-mid-year-economic-forecast

1 Like

Corrupt to the core.
Some days, I just can’t handle the truth.
I don’t want to hate, or wish ill to others but…

1 Like

Who cares what they release? If a report was released, who would believe it? If you’ve been asleep the last few months, thanks to congress, our economic forecast is equal to a sh*t sandwich for the working class.

Speaking of government lying, it’s time to start charging state officials who have fabricated false COVID 19 statistics. Unless the laws have been changed, when I worked for the local government it was a crime to falsify public records, punishable by up to 10 years in prison and/or a $10,000 fine, for every act in my state. You can bet every report I wrote was as accurate as possible.

5 Likes

Spot on. The government has been releasing economic numbers that just don’t add up for decades now. When one considers that this administration in particular hasn’t told the truth since taking power this latest omission should be no surprise.
And yes, states like Florida have been “doctoring” their numbers since the beginning. Most of Florida’s hospitals are apparently full already, and their funeral directors have reported record business since the first of the year.
By any measure we are living in Oceana. The ministry of Truth will tell you what to believe.

3 Likes

Your not alone.

3 Likes

I always excused the Trump MAGAts because they may not have the intellectual capacity to see through the misinformation that they are fed. Recently I just don’t care, I am so tired of the stupidity. Let them rally with Trump and join in their mean spirited hate fest. Hopefully it will cull the herd. Supposedly Einstein was asked what the difference between genius and stupidity. Supposedly he said " Genius has limits".

1 Like

When I read ‘cowardly’ and ‘shameful’ I thought the piece was going to be about that supposed opposition party. Opposition lol but quietly crying on the inside.

Not releasing the reprot may be a good thing for "we the people’. The report will be full of lies and statistical manipulations anyway. By not releasing it, they are (in a strange sort of way) telling the truth…that the report sucks and Trump doesn’t want to shame himself. Everything happens for the best.

1 Like