Home | About | Donate

CPAC Dispatch: A Carefully Constructed Attack on the Media

CPAC Dispatch: A Carefully Constructed Attack on the Media

Adele M. Stan

WASHINGTON, DC — On Wednesday, Feb. 22, a young man boarded the complimentary shuttle at Washington, DC’s Union Station headed for the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) taking place in suburban Maryland at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center. Talking excitedly to his friend, he said, “At first I couldn’t believe he was really going to come,” referring to President Donald J. Trump, who was added to the CPAC schedule at the last minute. “I heard it on CNN, and you know that’s fake news,” he explained.

Recall the 1960s Ken-L-Ration dog food commercials..."My dog's better than your dog" ?

Fast forwarding to to only logical conclusion to this week with Trump...my fake news is better than their fake news.

Trump is still in campaign mode revving up this extremist base and blathering nonsense about the free press. Is this a first step toward criminalizing the journalists if they criticize Trump? Are we headed down the road that Turkey is on? Apparently tens of millions of Americans are unable to cope with the dizzy pace of change that is taking place and are pathologically reacting by wanting to retreat to the past. They can't adapt to the pace of high tech change which requires life long learning, not ending your education with high school and thinking you have it made. They can't adapt to globalization with products being made and sold all over the world and instead are for something called economic nationalism where everything is made in the US. And they can't adapt to climate change. In fact, they can't even admit it is happening and many call it a hoax. These people with pathological reactions to swift change, which includes social changes as well, are now trying to prevent everyone else from adapting. They are even willing to support a dictatorship if that is what it takes. Stop all change. Reinstate the 1950s. It's nuts.

Symptoms list for Narcissistic Personality Disorder Mayo Clinic page:

DSM-5 criteria for narcissistic personality disorder include these features:

Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
Exaggerating your achievements and talents
Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people
Requiring constant admiration
Having a sense of entitlement
Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations
Taking advantage of others to get what you want
Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
Being envious of others and believing others envy you
Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner

Of course these days the focus of the bannon cannon seems to be make these as viral as possible in whatever population sector, particularly other politicians, he can manipulate. Given the corruption by which he is surrounded its no wonder he so frequently looks like the cat that ate the cannery, I mean canary.

Although Trump is at the very least a sociopath and possibly a psychopath, his predecessors of the past three decades were and are at least borderline sociopaths. Trump is simply a more extreme case of what has been foisted upon us since Saint Ron's revolution.

I'm just having a hard time working up much sympathy for the MSM. Sucking at your job while being arrogant about it is a bad combination, whether you are Trump, Obama, or the MSM.

As noted in response to another article:

"The FAKE NEWS media (failing @NYTimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is [are] not my enemy, it is [they are] the enemy of the American People!" – Donald J. Trump

Grammatical errors aside, Tweetle-Dumb is correct.   If the utterly corrupt Korporate Media (as identified above) had given Senator Bernie Sanders' rallies just one-fourth of the cost-free airtime that was given to the bloviating Orange Ignoramus we would now very likely be five weeks into the administration of one of the best presidents in American history instead of the absolute worst of all time.   Way to go, Fake News!!

I would classify the MSM news, disingenuous news that has been manufacturing the false war mongering, narrative for many,many years.

Here in portland the "community " radio station kboo is as pathetic as cnn or the nyt's. They are gatekeepers of the narrative doing their best to supress the truth. Amy goodman spends the whole hour attacking trump with dnc talking points. The local hosts do their best to keep native portlanders and their views off the air. Common dreams keeps their sources highly selected featuring many completely discredited writers like norm Solomon. There are so many sources of information on the Internet, let's start seeing more of a variety!

lol adele stan. yeah, she knows a thing or two about fake news. She produced enough of it over at Alternet for a few years.